Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble for Tenor Saxophone (Book with 2 CDs)
Saxophone Method Books
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation for B-flat tenor saxophonists.
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike Steinel from the University of North Texas. This series provides a great starting point for young musicians to learn the style and nuances of jazz music as well as an introduction to improvisation and more advanced concepts.
- Every exercise and arrangement recorded by professionals
- Repeated exercises feature rhythm section only
- How jazz and "traditional" music are different
- Swing style introduced gradually using scat syllables
- Includes Swing Era, Bebop and Latin/Rock
- Includes additional specialized material for piano, guitar, bass and drums
- Rhythm players can either play along with the full band or study individually
- Basic stylistic periods
- Composers and performers
- Carefully paced performance pieces
- Sample improvised solos included
- Starts with 2-measure phrases
- Teaches how to "jazz up" a melody
- Matches correct scales with chords
Follow the lessons in this book and CD combo and you'll be on your way to advanced musicianship. Order today!
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble for Tenor Saxophone (Book with 2 CDs) Specifications:
- Written by Mike Steinel
- for B-flat tenor saxophone players
- Song List:
- A-Tisket A-Tasket
- Ballin' The Jack
- Boppin' Around
- Jingle Bells
- London Bridge
- Riffin' Around
- Salsa Caliente
- St. Louis Blues
- When The Saints Go Marching InWidth: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 32 pages