Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble - Bb Tenor Saxophone (Book with EEi)
Saxophone Method Books
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation for B-flat tenor saxophonists.
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike Steinel from the University of North Texas. This series provides a great starting point for young musicians to learn the style and nuances of jazz music as well as an introduction to improvisation and more advanced concepts.
- Every exercise and arrangement recorded by professionals
- Repeated exercises feature rhythm section only
- How jazz and "traditional" music are different
- Swing style introduced gradually using scat syllables
- Includes Swing Era, Bebop and Latin/Rock
- Includes additional specialized material for piano, guitar, bass and drums
- Rhythm players can either play along with the full band or study individually
- Basic stylistic periods
- Composers and performers
- Carefully paced performance pieces
- Sample improvised solos included
- Starts with 2-measure phrases
- Teaches how to "jazz up" a melody
- Matches correct scales with chords
Follow the lessons in this book and CD combo and you'll be on your way to advanced musicianship. Order today!
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble - Bb Tenor Saxophone (Book with EEi) Specifications:
- Written by Mike Steinel
- for B-flat tenor saxophone players
- Song List:
- A-Tisket A-Tasket
- Ballin' The Jack
- Boppin' Around
- Jingle Bells
- London Bridge
- Riffin' Around
- Salsa Caliente
- St. Louis Blues
- When The Saints Go Marching InWidth: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 32 pages