Royer R121 Platinum Ribbon Mic Limited EditionProduct #H99428 Royer H99428 YNAF Ribbon Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
If you are recording guitars or horns, stop here.
The Royer R-121 is one of the legendary "go-to" studio microphones. It is a ribbon microphone that has proven to be an extremely effective microphone for capturing the nuances of electric guitar amps and cabinets, and is notoriously good for warming up trumpet signals and accurately representing the complex harmonic content of saxophones. This particular item is a retro version of the R-121, issued in its original finish along with a certificate of authenticity. A rare, limited issue, sure to become a collector's item.
Released in 1998, the award-winning R-121 is Royer's flagship microphone; the world's first radically reengineered ribbon microphone and the model that reintroduced ribbon mics to engineers around the world. Royer did away with the large, heavy, fragile "classic" approach to ribbon microphones and went in a completely new direction. The R-121 gives all of the warmth and natural sound that experienced engineers have long turned to ribbon mics for, but in a compact, light-weight, high output and tough-as-nails package that was unheard of in a ribbon mic before the R-121. In its 10+ years in the market, thousands of R-121's have been sold around the world. It is well established as a standard for tracking electric guitar and brass.
The R-121 redefined ribbon microphones so completely that Recording Magazine wrote "...the Royer R-121 is destined to become one of the classic microphones of the 21st century."
- High SPL Capabilities
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
Order today, and your limited edition R-121 will have a hallowed place in your mic closet.
R121 Platinum Ribbon Mic Limited Edition Specifications:
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -50 dBv Re. 1v/pa
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
- Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: >135dB @ 20 Hz
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Dimensions: 155.7mm L, 25mm W (6.13" L, 1" W)
- Weight: 244g (8.6 oz)