PSP Audioware PSP MixPack
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Six high-quality audio processing plug-ins in one pack.
PSP MixPack2 is a collection of six high-resolution, high quality audio processors designed to improve the quality of your digital audio tracks and mixes. These processors were not modeled on specific hardware analog processors, but rather on the sound and features of many analog circuits, with the goal of designing processors that can assist you in taming the sterility and harshness that often plagues digitally recorded audio. Don't let the name of this bundle fool you, these plug-ins are high enough quality to be at home in mastering or live tracking situations as well. All plug-ins utilize 64-bit double precision floating point algorithms throughout their entire signal path and support sample rates of up to 192kHz. The kit consists of: PSP MixBass2 , PSP MixTreble2 , PSP MixSaturator2 , PSP MixPressor2, PSP MixGate2 and PSP MixSync.
Included in the pack:
PSP MixBass2 is a specialized low frequency processor designed to help you achieve punchy, analog bass sounds with your audio material. PSP MixBass2 sounds really excellent with percussion loops, however it can be used successfully to enhance the low end of any audio material. How PSP MixBass2 will affect any given audio material depends on the type of material being processed.
PSP MixBass2 features a unique low-frequency compression algorithm and low frequency harmonics generator. There is a low-pass filter for the control signal and a low cut filter within the signal path. Finally, the Punch section includes a dynamically controlled filter to emphasize or attenuate the chosen mid-range frequency dynamically according to the low-frequency material.
PSP MixTreble2 offers specialized processors designed to extend the dynamic range, sharpness, clarity, and spatiality of a signal's treble frequencies, and spatiality of high frequencies. It can improve definition and sound quality of complete mixes, boost characteristic features of acoustic instruments, and revitalize archival recordings. PSP MixTreble2 can help add presence to a track, as well as lower the noise floor of a given track or complete mix. PSP MixTreble2 incorporates the following four processors:
• Hiss remover - designed to help decrease the amount of tape noise, extra-auditory high frequencies or undesired reverberations in the high frequency range;
• Stereo enhancer - increases the spatiality of processed material;
• Transient enhancer - designed for stimulating flattened transients;
• Harmonics generator - designed for widening the frequency range by enriching the harmonics lacking in the processed signal.
Finally, PSP MixTreble2 also includes a switchable soft-clipping algorithm, which prevents the output level from exceeding 0dBFS.
PSP MixPressor2 is a full-featured, high precision compressor designed to process either whole mixes or single tracks. PSP MixPressor2 emulates the classic characteristics of compressors with valve and opto-electronic circuits as classic modern compression solutions. PSP MixPressor2 also offers a highly configurable side-chain feature. The side-chain filter has a significant effect on PSP MixPressor2's sound and operation. The filter also enables the user to operate the compressor as a de-esser or to lessen the pumping effects of heavy kick drums and the like, based on the side-chain settings. The PSP MixPressor2 offers a wide range of features:
• A wide range of soft knee characteristics
• Either peak or RMS level detection
• External or internal side chain signal with a smooth bell-type filter
• A output algorithm which can operate as either a brick wall limiter or soft saturation algorithm to preserve peaks above 0dBFS.
PSP MixPressor2 also works very well in combination with the PSP MixSaturator2. With the PSP MixPressor2 before the PSP MixSaturator2 in the signal path (think of a bus compressor before a tape machine), you can employ both plug-ins simultaneously in order to impart a very cohesive sound, like your mix was being produced on expensive analog hardware.
PSP MixSaturator2 simulates the way that analog devices such as tape recorders and valve circuits warm up and "saturate" your audio material. This is achieved by adding harmonics, dedicated filtering, and dynamic processing. PSP MixSaturator2 uses three different algorithms to simulate these devices:
• A bass frequency processing algorithm, which adds low frequency harmonics and increases the magnitude nonlinearities (more commonly known as the "low frequency bump") typical of analog tape recordings
• A treble frequency processing algorithm, which simulates tape saturation and high frequency loss at high levels without increasing the level of distortion and aliasing.
• An overall saturation simulation algorithm, which enables the user to choose between seven distinct non-linearity curves characteristic of valve devices, analog tape machines, and the sound of digital clipping.
PSP MixGate2 is a professional quality high precision noise gate that makes its debut in MixPack2. The gate is fully configurable and can operate fast enough for special effects (such as "stuttering audio") and smoothly enough to gate unwanted noise without sounding artificial.
PSP MixGate2 includes both high and low pass filters so as to tailor the control signal. By filtering out unwanted frequencies, you can ensure that only the desired frequency can trigger the gate.
PSP MixSync2 is designed for setting multi microphone recording time alignment, setting plug-in latency comprensation manually, and fixing other time and phase related issues.
- Pack includes:
- PSP MixBass2
- PSP MixTreble2
- PSP MixPressor2
- PSP MixSaturator2
- PSP MixGate2
Get six processing effects in one bundle. Download today!