A hardware/software recording system that you can take with you!
The professional FireWire recording kit with the Presonus FireStudio Mobile computer interface, intuitive Studio One Production Software, (2) quality SD7 “pencil” mics, a set of HD7 Professional Monitoring headphones, and (2) XLR cables.
FireStudio Mobile computer interface
The PreSonus FireStudio Mobile Recording System combines the superior analog-circuit design and advanced platform technology of PreSonus' acclaimed FireStudio rackmount interfaces with the ability to run on bus power in field applications. Now you can have enhanced audio performance for music recording and creation anywhere you can lug your laptop.
The FireStudio Mobile is a 10-input, 6-output professional audio recording system that combines 2 PreSonus XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers; 6 line-level, analog input channels; S/PDIF digital input and output; MIDI I/O; and headphone monitoring with separate gain control. The FireStudio Mobile gives you tons of flexibility and a high input count making it possible to record a whole band. It's also bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, a groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.
True 48-Volt Phantom Power—Even When Powered By Your Laptop
Here's a dirty little secret: bus-powered mobile interfaces from other manufacturers deliver much less than the full 48 volts of phantom power that is specified by microphone manufacturers. This means even the finest condenser microphone can't work at optimal internal gain levels, potentially
compromising sound quality even before the signal gets to the mic preamp. To get around this, the PreSonus' team of engineers created an "internal switching power plant" that lets the PreSonus FireStudio Mobile convert computer bus power into a full 48 volts of phantom power, as well as delivering 30 volts to power the superb mic preamps you'll read about next.
XMAX Class A Preamplifiers to Go
PreSonus knows that the mic preamplifier is a key component in the sonic quality of a recording. The FireStudio Mobile includes custom-designed, high-voltage, discrete, XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers that are suitable for use with all types of microphones.
The job of a microphone preamplifier in an audio interface is to boost a microphone-level signal to line level before conversion to the digital domain. A good preamp boosts the level to almost 400 times that of the original signal, making the preamp one of the most important stages in an interface. With XMAX preamps, the sonic quality is limited only by what microphone you plug into it.
XMAX preamplifiers are built with 3 key elements:
High Voltage: The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. These higher-voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs, and a richer overall sound.
Discrete components, not op-amps: PreSonus uses genuine transistors, resistors, and capacitors. Op-amps add noise, coloration, and harshness to a signal. The PreSonus' discrete design delivers ultralow noise and transparency
Class A: Class A circuits have no crossover distortion and deliver purer, clearer, and more musical results than the Class AB designs that are more common in other preamps.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, extended frequency response, and—most important—musicality and transparency, with smooth highs, solid deep lows, and everything in between.
On the Front
A pair of 3-LED level/clip indicators let you check the signal levels for channels 1 and 2, and a button enables 48V phantom power for the 2 mic channels. Also on the front panel are gain knobs for the 2 mic/instrument inputs and for the main stereo outputs and a stereo headphone output with gain knob. Gain for the mic inputs ranges from —10dB to +70dB; the high-impedance instrument inputs range from —30dB to +50dB of gain. Finally, a power/sync indicator LED shows whether the FireStudio Mobile is receiving adequate power and is correctly receiving word clock.
Ins and Outs
For a compact, portable unit, the FireStudio Mobile is loaded with I/O. It starts with a pair of combination XLR/TS mic/instrument jacks, which are in the inputs for channels 1 and 2. The XLR mic inputs are routed to the aforementioned XMAX solid-state mic preamplifiers. The high-impedance, TS instrument inputs let you plug guitars or basses directly into the front panel.
On the back are 6 more balanced, 1/4" line level inputs for channels 3 through 8, plus a DB9 connector that accepts a breakout cable (included) to provide stereo S/PDIF digital I/O and MIDI I/O. You get 2 FireWire 400 ports: one port connects to your computer, and the other can be used to connect a hard drive or to daisy-chain any FireStudio-family interface allowing you to integrate the FireStudio Mobile into a larger system.
Digital Converters and JetPLL Sync
PreSonus FireStudio Mobile's A/D/A converters have a dynamic range of 118dB for unbelievable clarity. Synchronization to your computer is stable and robust, thanks to JetPLL synchronization technology. JetPLL incorporates noise shaping to virtually remove all audio-band jitter, ensuring near-perfect clock performance and optimal converter performance when networking two or more digital-audio devices. JetPLL quickly locks to any digital format through a wide range of frequencies and is extremely robust and tolerant of wide variations in clock frequencies. As a result, you'll experience better stereo separation and clearer, more transparent audio.
Like all members of the PreSonus FireStudio family, the FireStudio Mobile comes bundled with Universal Control software. Universal Control is a powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use control-panel application that allows you to daisy-chain up to 4 FireStudio family devices for a maximum of up to 52 inputs and outputs (assuming your computer can handle that many tracks).
Universal Control consists of the Launch window and the Device window. In the Launch window, you can set the sample rate, clock source, safe mode, buffer size (PC only), and WDM routing (PC only) for all connected FireStudio Mobile-series interfaces. Each device is listed at the bottom of the window, along with Device Window buttons that open each interface's Device window.
The Device window provides level and routing controls for each FireStudio-series interface's internal mixer, enabling you to set up zero-latency cue mixes. Input and output metering have been optimized for ultrafast screen display and minimum CPU usage, and you can give each interface a custom name. You can use any device in the chain as the master clock source, or you can slave the entire chain to an external digital device using any of the available digital inputs in the chain.
Studio One Artist Software
No other entry-level recording and production software is this easy to use, yet is capable of creating studio-quality output. Studio One Artist lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration. Incredibly easy to learn, it offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs. Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files and, effects by drag-and-drop. Studio One makes it easy.
PreSonus Studio One Artist Software is a "light" version of Studio One Pro. The music creation and production application—for both Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista—makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering ridiculously simple right out of the box. Yet Studio One Artist provides a wealth of professional features despite its ease-of-use.
Studio One Artist is the next generation in audio software, and here are a few of the reasons why: fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop MIDI mapping and plug-in management, auto-configuration with PreSonus hardware, insanely good audio quality, unlimited tracks and plug-ins per track, and a powerful, inventive Start page that literally puts the whole project right in your hands.
Far from just another music production software program, PreSonus Studio One changes the rules of the game. You get a complete application, easy-to-use from raw audio tracks to finished master with support for the latest standards and technologies.
High-End Audio Engine
Studio One Artist is based on a cutting-edge audio engine that delivers 32-bit processing on the fly ensuring high quality audio at all times.
Compatible and easy to configure
Studio One Artist is compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or CoreAudio-compliant audio interface, including, of course, the entire line of PreSonus interfaces. It recognizes your PreSonus interface, and preprogrammed templates automatically create software inputs and assign them to the appropriate hardware inputs on your PreSonus interface. You don't have to configure your music software to work with your hardware&mdashStudio One Artist does it for you.
The software stores I/O configurations with each song, for each computer, and for each device driver. As a result, you can take a song to a friend's studio, use Studio One Artist with their interface, and when you get back to your studio, it will recall the original I/O configuration for the song, as if you never left. This capability works regardless of interface.
Innovative Start Page
A powerful tool that will appeal to professionals and hobbyists alike, the Studio One's Start page allows you to access recent songs and projects, create new ones, configure external devices, and access tutorial information, demo songs, and a special PreSonus news feed. You can download updates and support materials directly from the Start page, without ever leaving Studio One Artist.
Easy to Navigate
Unlike most music production programs, PreSonus Studio One's single, straightforward workspace allows you to track, edit, and mix in one easy-to-navigate window that you can access with a single click. Or if you wish, you can separate the Console and Arrange views and can even drag them to separate displays. A compact Console view allows you to mix while viewing the arrangement so you don't have to bounce back and forth between windows. You also can switch to a larger Console view—yet another way that Studio One Artist helps you work quickly while giving you maximum flexibility.
The Arrange view employs a waveform display with user-selectable color-coding and sample-level zoom. The Arrange view shows you the big picture, while the Edit view shows you the up-close details; used together, they virtually eliminate the need to zoom in and out. The Console view contains faders, solos, mutes, pans, and other expected elements. It also includes extensive sidechaining capability.
PreSonus Studio One Artist's Browser provides instant access to effects, loops, instruments, and other key elements. You can preview any audio clip, and if the clip has tempo information encoded, it will play synced to the song tempo.
Powerful Drag-and-Drop Features
Here's where it gets really interesting: Studio One Artist's powerful drag-and-drop function allows you to drag an audio clip, effect, or a virtual instrument from the Browser directly onto a track in the Arrange or Console view. Timestretching enables Studio One Artist to automatically match tempo-encoded audio clips with song tempo. You can copy an effect or a whole chain of effects—including settings—by simply dragging to a new track in the Console view. These are just a few of the many ways that Studio One Artist's Browser and drag-and-drop implementation allow you to work quickly, without scrolling through pages of menus. It's a lot more fun too! No other music production software program even comes close.
Studio One Artist comes with 19 plug-ins from PreSonus' proprietary Native Effects Suite plug-ins, which include a wide variety of built-in effects, such as compressors, EQs, distortion, delay effects, amp modeling, and reverb. It also comes with three PreSonus virtual instruments are also bundled with Studio One, including SampleOne, a virtual sampler that offers the fastest sample mapping available. To also help your inspiration you get
PreSonus Instruments Vol. 1 (200 Instruments for built-in Presence
sample player), Ueberschall Impact Drums (32 Kits for built-in Impact drum sampler, PreSonus Loops Vol. 1 (approx. 1500 high-quality loops), Native Instruments KORE Player with factory content, Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE 3, and Toontrack EZDrummer Lite.
Easy, Intuitive MIDI Mapping
When it comes to MIDI mapping, Studio One Artist changes the rules yet again. Of course, you can record MIDI parts and then tweak them in a piano-roll editor. But the real fun starts with Control Link, the PreSonus DAW software's intuitive MIDI-mapping system. Simply move the hardware and software controls to be linked and click the Link button for instant mapping. In Global mode, hardware and software controls maintain a one-to-one relationship, so a hardware control is linked directly to one software control for the entire program. In Focus mode, control maps only apply to a particular plug-in, so you can make different control maps for each plug-in, and the Focus map is stored with the plug-in, giving you no-sweat, context-sensitive MIDI mapping.
Presonus FireStudio Mobile Interface
- 8 analog input channels, including mic, line, and instrument inputs
- 2 front-panel mic/instrument inputs with high-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifiers
- 6 line-level inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with -30 dBV to +50 dBV line/-10 to +70 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output gain control
- 3-segment, fast-acting LED input metering
- Power/Sync LED (indicates unit is synced to word clock)
- Daisy-chain multiple FireStudio-family products to create a large, custom system
- 2 FireWire 400 ports
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 6 balanced ¼” line inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output with volume control
- S/PDIF in/out
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- High-definition A/D/A converters (+118 dBu dynamic range)
- JetPLL Jitter Elimination Technology (improved stereo imaging and clarity)
- Zero-latency monitoring via 10x3 DSP matrix mixer/router
- Mac- and Windows-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with shockproof, reinforced metal chassis, sealed rotary controls, military-grade circuit board, chassis-mounted input/output sockets, and full EMI shielding
- Powered via FireWire bus or included 12 VDC external power supply
PreSonus Studio One Software
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Instantly configures to PreSonus audio interfaces
- 25 Native Effects 32-bit effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- 4+ GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
SD7 Condenser Microphone
- Small-diagram “pencil” design
- Stereo X/Y mic-stand adapter
- Power via FireStudio Mobile
- 9’ / 3 m cable included
- Cloth carrying bag
HD7 Headphones Professional Monitoring Headphones
- High neodymium resolution drivers
- Precision-tuned acoustic chamber
- Extended bass response
- Built tough to withstand abuse
- Auto-fit head pads
- Comfortable and long-lasting ear pads
- 98" / 2.5m single-side cable
- Optimized pressure
Just add your computer and creativity.
FireStudio Mobile Recording Bundle Specifications:
- Computer system requirements:
- Windows 7, Vista, XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later (32-bit and 64-bit)
- PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Windows and Macintosh Systems
- IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- Microphone Preamp (XLR Balanced)
- Frequency Response (+0, -0.5 dB): 20 Hz to 50 kHz
- Frequency Response (+0/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 150 kHz
- Input Impedance: 1.6 kΩ
- THD + N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008 %
- EIN (unwtd, 55 dB Gain, 150Ω Input, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): –130 dBu
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, unwtd, Ref = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): >101 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): >55 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1 dB): –10 dB to 70 dB
- Maximum Input level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz@0.5% THD+N): +14 dBu
- Phantom Power (± 2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Instrument Input (¼" TRS, Channels 1 & 2)
- Type: TS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Main Outputs
- Type: ¼" TRS Impedance Balanced
- Output Impedance: 51Ω
- Headphone Output Type: ¼" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 150 mW/CH @ 60Ω Load
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 70 kHz
- Digital Audio
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) Speed: 400 Mbps
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz): 118 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz): 118 dB
- Bit Depth: 24 bits
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +10 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Jitter: <20 ps RMS (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Jitter Attenuation: >60 dB (1 ns in => 1 ps out)
- Bus Power: 6-pin FireWire 400 or FireWire 800
- Power Supply: External Switching Supply (12 VDC/1A)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.5" x 1.75" x 5.5"/139.7 mm x 44.5 mm x 139.7 mm
- Weight: 4.5 lbs/2 kg