Balanced cutaway body and Steve Miller approved N2 neck.
The Rainsong Studio Series S-WS1000N2 Acoustic-Electric Guitar is a wonderfully versatile guitar. Combining the best qualities of large and small bodied guitars, this body shape is ideally suited for a variety of musical situations. A large, deep chamber gives the WS strong projection and rich bass. The narrow waist and tight upper bout allow for a ringing treble, good balance and clear definition of individual notes. Overall, the WS is impeccably balanced. The shapely curves and light weight make the WS a comfortable guitar to cradle or stand with. The extra deep cutaway encourages playing up the fretboard.
The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller and Master Luthier John Bolin. The neck design is based on a modified "U" profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. The N2 has a substantial feel that is ergonomically sound and results in better transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.
Featuring a tough, non-glossy Fine Texture finish, the Studio Series scales back on flashy appointments to deliver the signature RainSong sound and playability in a rugged, road-worthy package. Includes case.
- Soundboard: Carbon/Glass hybrid soundboard crafted using RainSong's Projection Tuned Layering technique. No soundboard braces.
- Body: Carbon/Glass hybrid body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod.
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T
- Accessories: Tusq Nut, saddle. MOP inlaid Tusq bridgepins.
- Case: Customized gig bag.
- Finish: UV protective, Fine Texture finish
Enjoy solid performance and sound from this modern guitar. Order today.
Studio Series S-WS1000N2 Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 15.8 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches