Yamaha Custom YSS-82Z Series Professional Soprano Saxophone with Curved Neck
Professional Soprano Saxophones
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Distinctive designs offer players beautiful tonal colors.
he Custom Z soprano models are reminiscent of vintage Yamaha soprano saxophone designs. Based on the scale and design of the classic '62' models, Custom Z saxes have bodies that are made of a special brass alloy for lighter weight, a great playing 'feel', and the kind of tonal flexibility you've always dreamed of. The Z plays evenly in all ranges, and gives the player a huge dynamic range for as much - or as little - sound as you want.
Available in four finishes: gold baked epoxy lacquer (YSS-82ZR); silver-plated (YSS-82ZRS); black lacquer (YSS-82ZRB); un-lacquered (YDD-82ZRU). Each finish offers players a unique tonal color. Note: On un-lacquered models, the finish will be polished upon arrival and gradually morph over time to resemble the picture shown here. Rate of change and eventual finish will vary based on the player, amount of use, and environment the horn is stored in.
The Custom Z saxes have unparalleled tonal flexibility for confident performance in all styles of music, and there's no need to sacrifice comfort for sound.
- Lower vent tube design reduces noise
- Key post rib plate has solid feel and enhances resonance
- Newly designed comfortable, ergonomic keys
- Adjusting pivot screw
- Hand engraving style on bell adds beauty and style
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Available in four finishes
Order a horn with unparalleled tonal flexibility!
Custom YSS-82Z Series Professional Soprano Saxophone with Curved Neck Specifications:
- Level: Custom
- Key: Bb
- Neck: curved
- Body material: French brass, 1 piece
- Bell material: French brass
- Key material: yellow brass
- Key buttons: mother-of-pearl
- Finishes: gold baked epoxy lacquer (YSS-82ZR); silver-plated (YSS-82ZRS); black lacquer (YSS-82ZRB); unlacquered (YDD-82ZRU)
- Tone holes: drawn
- Auxiliary keys: front F and high F#
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4CM
- Mouthpiece cap: yellow brass; gold lacquer or silver-plated
- Ligature: yellow brass; gold lacquer or silver-plated
- Spring type: blue steel needle
- Pad type: waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell decoration: hand engraved
- Thumb hook: adjustable plastic
- Pivot screw: bullet tip design with head
- Mounting: ribbed and flanged