Fox Model 660 Professional BassoonProduct #H73596 Fox H73596 KBAC Professional Bassoons https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A bassoon built to provide greater power needed in the modern orchestra.
Thick wall bassoons are known their bigger and more resonant sound. The model 660 is voiced for use around A:442. This provides a more open tone quality compared to lower pitched models. It also provides a sense of greater flexibility to the player.
The demand for power by modern orchestras prompted the introduction in 1991 of the model 601 and in 1992 of the model 660. These models feature thicker walls than earlier designs. This results in longer, larger, more resonant tone holes, and a tone quality that is bigger, yet slightly less concentrated than the standard walls of the long and short bore models. They are somewhat more work to play compared to standard wall models, but deliver more power when pushed, yet can easily handle soft attacks.
The model 660 is the shorter version and is pitched slightly higher with a more open tone quality. It was designed and developed under the supervision of Alan Fox, in conjunction with prominent bassoonists in major symphony orchestras. Like all Fox bassoons, it features freedom of response, intonation, tonal quality, and projection that will satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
- Naturally aged all-wood body (red maple or mountain maple)
- Tuning basis of A442
- Nickel silver key, hinges, and machined parts
- Full German system with high D and E keys
- Right hand whisper key lock
- Rollers on F, A(flat), E(flat) and D(flat)
- 2 professional bocals included
- Includes deluxe round corned case with case cover, neck strap, wooden crutch, silk swab and seat strap