The morphing oscillator synth, emulated at last.
XILS Lab has once again dug into the synth museum and done its usual spectacular job of emulating every parameter of the RSF PolyKobol Analog synthesizer, somehow faithfully capturing its most stunning feature, the continuous morphing oscillator. Only 30 PolyKobol synths were ever produced, and they were introduced at precisely the same time that the Yamaha DX7 dominated the market, so it got lost along the way, and only now have its unique capabilities been harnessed for use in modern recording and sequencing environments.
This alone would set it apart from all the other common analog synth recreations, but it wouldn’t be a XILS-lab instrument if it didnt have some innovative and powerfull expression tools on board.
Three different Modulation Matrix tools, including the powerful exclusive PolyMYX (Polyphonic Modulation YX pad ), which makes each note played on the PolyKB unique. The Stereo scene can be controlled by a state-of-the-art Unison mode, combined with the exclusive DynaMYX (Dynamic stereo Modulation YX pad). Get the total control on your Stereo Scene for impressive pads or leads, and even add a little randomness to get sophisticated acoustic spaces. Move the voices through the stereo the scene.
The PolyKB is also equipped with two aliasing-free oscillators with smooth continuous morphing abilities, a 4-pole low pass filter with delicate to full screaming resonance, two syncable multi featured LFOs with advanced modulating features and two ADSR envelopes.
An eight part polyphonic sequencer, with live recording, velocity editing and a sophisticated Step Play mode completes the picture. You can mix all of these features to achieve spectacular instruments, arpeggios or sequences.
- Two aliasing-free morphing oscillators: from triangle to pulse, through saw.
- One 4 poles low pass self oscillating filter
- Two envelope generators (ADSR)
- Two MIDI synced LFO
- One MIDI synced Sample and Hold
- One 128 steps polyphonic sequencer
- One arpeggiator (monophonic and polyphonic)
- Chorus, delay, phaser and EQ effects
- Mono/Unison/Poly playing mode with up to 16 voices of polyphony
Virtual Instrument Specifications:
- Mac OSX 10.3.9 and later : VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later)
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 ; VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later)