Modern reproduction of the classic 1176 limiting amplifier.
The WA76 Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction of the Classic 1176 Revision D. Every effort was made to remain faithful to the original designs including the use of Reichenbach Engineering’s (now CineMag) transformer design that was originally used. The classic 1176 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology — the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance with a signature sound — and set the standard for all limiters to follow. The ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound have lured legendary artists and studio moguls alike to the 1176 — Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, Joe Chiccarelli, Vance Powell, and Mike Elizondo are just a few names on a list that’s continued to grow, for nearly 50 years.
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modeled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous “all buttons in” ratio setting
- Ultra fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
An affordable alternative to the original.
WA76 Discrete Compressor Specifications:
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 55db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19″ Rackmount chassis, 2U
- 1-year warranty