'2A Style, transformer balanced, high voltage, opto (Light controlled) tube compressor.
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world’s finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- Fully discrete signal path
- Utilizes custom USA made CineMag input and output transformers
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression high-pass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
Get the sound of a legend on a home studio budget!