Vienna Instruments Orchestral Strings 1Product #702764 Vienna Instruments 702764 YSKD Orchestral Virtual Instruments https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Fantastic orchestral violin and viola ensembles.
The Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestral Strings 1 collection includes a 14-player violin ensemble as well as a 10-player viola ensemble. The string sections of the Vienna Instruments offer an extremely wide range of articulations. The special qualities of these virtual instruments are the result of a multitude of performances. With larger ensembles, the random effect of articulations like performance trills or fast legatos is especially pronounced, lending those performance patches remarkable authenticity in conjunction with the new performance algorithms in the Vienna virtual instruments. The larger the ensemble, the more intense the random effect; the natural "inexactitude" among the musicians when changing from one tone to the next. This effect gets extra attention with the "Repetition Performance Pizzicatos" --an innovation only available with the large string ensembles and recorded in 2 different tempos.
Many requests for additional samples were fulfilled, including the short staccatos, the expressive Interval Legatos, espressivo con sordino, as well as extensions of the tonal ranges for sustains and staccatos.
The virtual violin section was the largest ensemble recorded at Vienna's Silent Stage. The 14 violinists are headed by Christian Eisenberger, who in his esteemed international concert work has collaborated with artists and conductors such as Claudio Abbado, Martha Argerich, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Herbert von Karajan, Gidon Kremer, Kent Nagano, Roger Norrington, Murray Perahia, Andras Schiff, Georg Solti, and many others. The ensemble of 10 violas is headed by Anett Homoki who is a member of the Vienna Chamber Philharmony as well as of the Volksoper Vienna.
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, staccato, tremolo
- Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato
- Performance Trills
- Interval Performances muted (con sordino): normal, portamento
- Violins: Interval Performance Glissandos on the same string
- Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh, upbeats, pizzicato
- Repetition Performances muted: sustains, legato, portato, staccato
- Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
- Single notes:
- Short notes: short staccato, staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo, flautando
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
- Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor, major 3rd, accelerando
- Pizzicatos and Bartók pizzicatos (loose and tight)
- Col legno
- Con sordino: staccato, détaché, sustained, crescendos & diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills
- Sul ponticello: staccato, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, tremolo
Bring your orchestral productions to the next level. Order today!
Orchestral Strings 1 Specifications:
- Apple: G4 800 MHz (G5 recommended) with Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. AU host program
- PC: Intel/AMD 2 GHz (3++ GHz recommended) with Windows XP. VST host program