The fast, easy way to step up to UAD powered plug-ins which capture the real magic of analog.
The UAD-2 SOLO gives producers and engineers a simple, powerful entry point into the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform on Mac or PC. This DSP accelerator package includes several of Universal Audio's most popular analog classic plug-ins—the LA-2A and 1176 Compressors/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A—for rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. It also provides a processing boost for running larger mixes, thanks to its PCIe card with an onboard SHARC processor. Better still, it gives users access to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including some of the best-reviewed plug-ins of all time.
Specifically, the UAD-2 SOLO provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix, and more (sold separately), from any Mac or PC with available PCIe card slot. Whether you use Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer, or Pro Tools, the UAD-2 SOLO can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes, while freeing up your computer's internal processor for other mixing duties.
Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units, and RTAS, the UAD-2 SOLO is easy to use. Just install the software, install the card, and start mixing. Developed by one of the industry's finest engineering teams, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 SOLO is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers, and engineers. Now it's your turn to experience it.
- Run world-class UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins on your Mac or PC
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix, and more (sold separately)
- Run complex mix processing in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer, and more without taxing host computer CPU
- Free UAD software upgrades, plus access to more plug-ins at UA's Online Store
- High-bandwidth PCIe card w/ (1) Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processor
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Tiger / Leopard / Snow Leopard and Windows XP / Vista / 7 compatible
- Use up to 4 UAD-2(s) in one system; can be combined with UAD-1 cards
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
Get plug-ins professional record-makers use— and seriously boost your computer's processing power too!
UAD-2 Solo Specifications:
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 SOLO: low-profile, half-height, short PCIe card
- UAD-2 DUO/QUAD: full-height, short PCIe card
- 1, 2, or 4 Analog Devices SHARC 21369 floating-point processors
- Multi-card support for up to 4 UAD-2's and 4 UAD-1's in one computer
- Cross-Platform for Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6, Windows XP/x64, Vista32/64, 7 32/64
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support for all plug-ins
- Drivers optimized for modern multithread and multiprocessor architectures
- Realtime and faster than realtime processing for mix bounces
- LoadLock ensures resource availability on loaded plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Home, Professional, or x64 Edition), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista (x86 or x64), Windows 7 (32 or 64)
- Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger, 10.5.x Leopard, or 10.6.x Snow Leopard
- Processor upgrade cards are not officially supported
- 1 available PCIe (PCI Express) x1/x4/x8 or x16 slot
- 256MB RAM (512MB is strongly recommended)
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- CD-ROM drive or internet connection for software installation
- 125MB available hard drive space for UAD-2 or UAD-1 installation
- 250MB available hard drive space for combined UAD-2 plus UAD-1 installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST or Audio Units plug-in host application software
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Universal Audio UAD-2 Solo:
If you are running a computer based system and you do a lot of detailed mixes, you need the UAD 2 Solo, or Duo / Quad if the bank account allows. With today's software programs and plug-ins eating up so much CPU processing, it pays to have an efficient system, and this is where the UAD-2 Solo is invaluable. Not to mention, you have access to some of the absolute best plug-ins available from Universal Audio. I can run several plug-ins at 96k, and find myself wishing I had more UAD-2 cards. I find myself using the Pultec on every session, and having used the demo versions of other plug-ins, such as the Harrison 32 EQ, well, let me say that I won't be happy until I get the Harrison. Easy to install, easy to use, a "must have" for any DAW system.