Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate PCIe DSP Accelerator PackageProduct #H90371 Universal Audio H90371 YPE Computer Hardware https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Stunning analog power for your Mac or PC tower.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate PCIe DSP Accelerator card is ready to super-charge your Mac or PC tower with world-class analog sound. The OCTO Ultimate Accelerator card comes stacked with 8 SHARC processors, and the Ultimate bundle of 55+ UA Developed powered plug-ins, up to and including software v6.3. This is the top card package available and is for the professional power user. UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more. The UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate package features a user-installable PCIe-format processing card for your desktop tower or compatible expansion chassis, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you vintage tone and character, right out of the box.
Expandable processing power
UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards are available in four distinct processor levels: SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO. With scalable processing power from one (SOLO) to eight (OCTO) individual Analog Devices S HARC processors, UAD DSP Accelerators offer a big mixing horsepower “boost” to your host Mac or PC workstation.
Much like a studio rack filled with dedicated analog gear, UAD PCIe cards let you reliably run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing. For example, a UAD-2 OCTO can run up to 80 mono instances of our groundbreaking Studer A800 Tape Machine plug-in — a processing task that would bring a native workstation to its knees.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
UAD-2 DSP Accelerators are available as “Core,” “Custom,” and “Ultimate” software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle. The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes more than 55 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v6.3.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship
Most people don’t immediately think of audio software when they hear the word “craftsmanship.” But that’s what separates UAD plug-ins from the rest. One of the most common responses from UAD users is, “Wow, I didn’t know plug-ins could sound this good.” That’s because in developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware. This process means that they essentially “rebuild” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. It’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC towers and PCIe expansion chassis
- 8 SHARC processors
- Ultimate bundle includes 55+ UA Developed powered plug-ins, up to and including software v6.3
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion and Windows 7 compatible
Order the OCTO Ultimate card today, and max out the power of your professional high-end studio.
UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate PCIe DSP Accelerator Package Specifications:
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 SOLO: low-profile, half-height, short PCIe card
- UAD-2 DUO/QUAD/OCTO: full-height, short PCIe card
- 1, 2, 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support for all plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- UAD-2 PCIe Minimum System Requirements
- (Win) Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate Edition
- (Mac) OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 gigabytes available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software