Universal Audio LA-3A Dual Classic Audio LevelerProduct #182121 Universal Audio 182121 YFC Compressors & Limiters https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
A brilliant piece of engineering that has never lost its edge.
The original LA-3A Leveling Amplifier made its debut at the 1969 NY AES show and marked the departure from the tube design of the Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier. The LA-3A incorporated components and design concepts from the Putnam-designed 1176LN Limiting Amplifier. Immediately embraced as a studio workhorse and still widely used today, the LA-3A remains a favorite of engineers and producers worldwide for its unique compression characteristics and sonic signature.
The Universal Audio Classics reissue of the LA-3A meticulously retains all the internal and external qualities of the original. It sports the same simple control set and the T4 electro-optical attenuator, which is the source of the LA-3A's program dependent compression. It also retains the 2RU half-rack design, and comes complete with a single-unit rack assembly; no additional kit is necessary. All the original rear panel connections and controls are enhanced by LA-3A gain mod switch for maximum studio versatility.
- Classic solid-state opto-compressor
- Custom UA transformers & T4 cell
- Discrete amplifier — up to 50dB gain
- Rear panel gain mod switch for gain control
The Universal Audio LA-3A is the genuine classic. Order today and put its revered ssound to work for you.
LA-3A Dual Classic Audio Leveler Specifications:
- External Connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Gain Reduction: up to 40 dB
- Distortion: less than 0.33% at +24dBm
- Frequency response: 20Hz — 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Noise floor: -80 dB below program at threshold of limiting
- Gain: 30 +/- 1dB, 50 +/- 1dB
- Output level: +20 dBm nominal
- Input level: 0dBm @ 50dB gain; +20dBm @ 30dB gain
- Attack: 1.5ms or less
- Release: 0.06s for 50% release