Universal Audio Apollo Twin DUO with Realtime UAD Processing
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
High-resolution desktop recording interface with onboard, realtime plug-in processing.
Apollo Twin reinvents desktop recording by delivering legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow to music creators everywhere. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac combines the same impeccable 24/192kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio's acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD SOLO or DUO Processing. So you can record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins - from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more* - putting racks of vintage EQs, compressors, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps at your fingertips.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps - including their all-important impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in.
Apollo Twin's smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. The Twin's onboard UAD SOLO or DUO Processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live and more.
With its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin has all the right tools, all in the right place.
- UAD-2 DUO DSP Processing onboard
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt Mac audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage-style plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- High-bandwidth Thunderbolt connection to modern Macs
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately
If you want the power of the Apollo rack, but don't require as many channels, then the Twin is for you!
Apollo Twin DUO with Realtime UAD Processing Specifications:
- Audio Quality
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
Max sampling rate:192kHz
Total inputs: 10
Mic preamps: 2
XLR/TRS combo jacks: 2
XLR only jacks: 0
1/4” only jacks: 0
S/PDIF in: 0
ADAT/optical in: 8
RCA in: No
Total outputs: 4
XLR out: 0
1/4” out: 4
S/PDIF out: 0
ADAT/optical out: 0
RCA out: No
AES / EBU: No
Computer connection: Thunderbolt
MIDI I/O: No
Headphone output(s): 1
Word-clock I/O: No
Platform compatibility: Mac
Phantom power: Yes
Direct monitoring: Yes
Onboard DSP: Yes
Metering: LED Meters
Latency control: Yes
Monitor control: Yes
Headphone control: Yes
Width: 6.31 in.
Height: 2.60 in.
Depth: 5.86 in.
Weight: 2.35 lb.
Included software: Yes