Restock Universal Audio 4-710d 4-Channel Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
Rebate Offer Available!
Free UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator!
Purchase a new UA 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp and you’ll get a UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator — absolutely FREE!
- - Offer Expires 09/30/16
- Download rebate
4 hybrid tube/solid state preamps and 1176-style compressors in a single unit.
The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, 4-channel microphone/line preamplifier with unique tube and solid state tone-blending capabilities-perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources. This versatile multichannel preamp offers selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each channel, plus four additional line inputs feeding 8 channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion. Building upon UA's classic analog design approach, combined with smart modern features, the 4-710d is the most flexible preamp in the UA lineup.
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending "Twin-Finity" mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. Each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid state signal path. Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
The eight analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT "lightpipe" or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, facilitating integration with most popular audio interfaces.
- 4 TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MÎ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Analog-to-Digital Conversion
- 8 channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Selectable sample rates up to 192kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Î BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
Blend your tone with ease and get exceptional results with the 4-710d. Order today!
4-710d 4-Channel Mic Preamp Specifications:
- Analog Section, Channels 1-4
Note: all specifications are typical performance unless otherwise noted. Unless otherwise noted, all specifications are 20Hz-20kHz, minimum gain, maximum level, 24-bits, all switches in neutral or off mode, 100% solid state, digital output = 0dBFS.
Microphone Preamplifier to Line Out:
Gain Range: 56dB
Min Gain: 14dB
Max Gain: 70dB
Max Input Level (bal): 6.7dBu
Max Output Level (bal): 20dBu
Input Impedance (bal): 2kÎ
Input Impedance (Hi-Z): 2.2MÎ
Output Impedance (bal): 600 Î
Equiv. Input Noise (150Î, 56dB gain): -127dBu
Frequency response (20Hz-20kHz): +0.1/-0.15dB
Crosstalk (max gain, 1kHz): < -115dB
Low Cut Filter:
Type: Bessel 2nd Order
Corner Frequency: 75Hz
Attenuation (20Hz): -23dB
Phantom Power Current (per jack): 10 mA
Voltage: 48V ±1V
Compression Ratio: 4:1
Fast Attack Time: 0.3ms
Fast Release Time: 100ms
Slow Attack Time: 2.0ms
Slow Release Time: 1100ms
Analog-To-Digital Converter Section
Note: all specifications are typical performance unless otherwise noted. Unless otherwise noted, all specifications are 20Hz-20kHz, minimum gain, maximum level, 24-bits, all switches in neutral or off mode, 100% solid state, -1dBFS output.
Microphone & Line Inputs (Ch 1-4):
THD+N (-1dBFS): -100dB (0.001%)
SNR (A-Wt): 110dB
Dynamic Range (-60dBFS, A-wt): 110dB
Frequency response: +0.1/-0.15dB
Stereo Phase: <0.3 deg
Line Input (Ch 5-8):
THD+N (-1dBFS): -103dB (0.0007%)
SNR (A-Wt): 117dB
Dynamic Range (-60dBFS, A-Wt): 117dB
Frequency response: ±0.1dB
Stereo Phase: < 0.5 deg