Universal Audio 2-610 Silverface Dual Channel Mic Pre
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Creamy, smooth vocals or just the right amount of grit to punch through a mix.
The Universal Audio 2-610 is a two-channel tube microphone preamplifier based on the legendary Universal Audio 610 modular console, which was never commercially available (though Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles each had one). The UA 610 has left its mark on countless classic recordings from Sinatra to Pet Sounds to Van Halen to LA Woman.
Designed by Bill Putnam, the Universal Audio 610 was among the first modular recording consoles. Early Universal Audio consoles were used in all of Putnam's studios including Universal Recording in Chicago and United Western in Los Angeles. Many prominent engineers such as Bruce Swedien began their careers in these studios with this classic rotary knob console. Along with the 610, UA's 1176LN Limiting Amplifier and Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier have remained studio standards since their introduction and continue to define the sound of modern music.
Unlike many vintage "style" mic pres, the 2-610 is true to the design of its predecessor, the Universal Audio 610. The expertise of Universal Audio in analog design translates into a classic tube preamplifier with all of the character of its vintage predecessor, yet designed for the requirements and rigor of the modern studio. Universal Audio has taken great care to preserve the quality and character of the original, while adding functionality with more boost/cut settings, phantom power, direct inputs and impedance controls.
The Universal Audio 2-610 Mic Pre is the perfect tool for tracking and ideal when used in conjunction with a Universal Audio compressor such as the 1176LN and Teletronix LA-2A. Whether you're running pure analog or seeking to enhance your digital audio workstation, the 2-610 will bring classic tube character to your recording.
- Classic Sound of the Legendary 610 Modular Console
- Variable Input Gain and Output Levels
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Mic, Balanced Line, and Hi-Z Inputs
- Multiple Impedance Settings
- Classic EQ
- Custom Wound Double Sized Alloy Transformers
2-610 Silverface Dual Channel Mic Pre Specifications:
- Connections & Controls
- Inputs: Microphone (Female XLR), Balanced Line (Female XLR), Unbalanced Line/Instrument (1/4" jack) (D.I.)
- Outputs: Balanced Line (Male XLR)
- Input Select: Microphone: 500 ohm, 2 kOhm; Balanced Line ; Hi-Z instrument: 47 kOhm, 2.2 MOhm
- Variable Gain (Input Feedback Control): 5 dB increments @ -10, -5, 0, +5, +10 dB
- Output Level Control: Attenuation
- HF Shelf EQ: Switchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dB; Corner Frequency Select: 4.5 kHz, 7 kHz, 10 kHz
- LF Shelf EQ: Switchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dB; Corner Frequency Select: 70 Hz, 100 Hz, 200 Hz
- Polarity Reverse Switch
- 48 Volt Phantom Power Switch
- Input Impedance:
- Microphone (selectable): 500 ohms or 2K ohms
- Balanced Line: 13.8K ohms
- Hi-Z (selectable: 2.2 Meg ohms or 47K ohms
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: +3.5dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +20dBm
- Internal Output Impedance: 60 ohms
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 1 dB
- Max Gain: 61 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 82 dB
- Vacuum Tubes: one 12AX7A and one 6072A per channe l
- Power Requirements: 115/230 volts
- Weight: 11.75 lbs
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U