Universal Audio 2-1176 Twin Vintage Limiting AmplifierSku #181021000000000 Universal Audio 181021 YFC Compressors & Limiters https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
No, you're not seeing double. The legendary 1176 is now stereo!
The 1176LN was the compressor that shaped the sound of rock guitar and drums in the '70s and continues to do so to this day. Go to any world-class studio—if you don't see an 1176 or two in the rack, it's because they haven't finished building the studio. And now, thanks to the 2-1176, you can have two of this studio-proven workhorse in one unit. Now you can have the big New York studio drum sound that only comes from strapping an 1176 across your stereo buss.
The 2-1176 builds from the circuit design of UA's hugely successful 6176 Channel Strip and combines two 1176 channels from that unit-- an uncompromising design, with all the same components- stereo matched to boot!
The 2-1176 once again puts that sound into your rack but with twice the tone, twice the character and twice the compression-- at an unbelievable price, and half the space. As you would expect from UA, it also retains all the features and trademark sound of its ancestor, and switches easily between dual mono and stereo link. And yes, it does all-button
All-button mode or "British mode":
For those that don't know, back in the glory days of gonzo recording, an adventurous engineer wanted to know what would happen if you pressed all four compression ratio buttons in at the same time. It was discovered that with all four buttons pressed in, the 1176 made drums jump out of the speakers, and became a much used staple of hard rock drum recording.
With thousands of units already sold since the year 2000 re-birth of Universal Audio's 1176LN, it is clear the public's love affair with the legendary sound of the 1176 is still as passionate as ever.
- Sound and Features of the Original 1176LN
- Classic Custom 1176LN Output Transformers
- Stereo or Dual Mono Operation
- Totally Independent Compression and Gain Controls in Dual Mono Mode
- Matched FETs and Output Transformers
One of the great secrets of killer rock drums and heavy guitars will become part of your sound when you call or click to order yours!
2-1176 Twin Vintage Limiting Amplifier Specifications:
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15k W or 600 W
- Output Load Impedance: 600 ohms, floating
- External Connections: XLR connectors
- Frequency Response: ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: 40 dB, +/- 1dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% T.H.D. from 50 Hz to 15kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +20 dBm with no greater than 0.5% T.H.D.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 85 dB
- Attack Time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release Time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Threshold vs Output Level
- Compression Ratio/Input Level at ±2 dB/Relative Output
- 20:1/-25 dBm/+13 dBm
- 12:1/-26 dBm/+12 dBm
- 8:1/-27 dBm/+11 dBm
- 4:1/-32 dBm/+6 dBm
- Stereo Interconnection: Chan. A Attack and Release links to Chan. B via LINK mode
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power Requirements: 120/240 V
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
- Weight: 9.6 lbs.