Restock Universal Audio 1176LN Solid State Limiting Amplifier
Compressors & Limiters
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The classic studio limiter!
The original Universal Audio 1176LN designed by Bill Putnam was a major breakthrough in limiter technology-the first true peak limiter with all-transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound. Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible-and much simpler-to modernize and "improve" the 1176LN, Universal Audio made every effort to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit to uncompromising standards. This version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound. Demand the original. Accept no copies.
- True to the original in design, manufacture, and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultrafast attack time—20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time—50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom-built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
Still the first-call choice of professionals for tracking vocals, guitar, and drums. Give your music the punch and character it deserves with a Universal Audio 1176LN.
1176LN Solid State Limiting Amplifier Specifications:
- Input impedance: 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating
- Output load impedance: 600 ohms, floating, damping factor 20
- External connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Frequency response: ±1dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Gain: 50dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% total harmonic distortion from 50Hz-15kHz with limiting
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Greater than 70dB at +10dBm
- Attack time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Threshold vs. output level:
- Compression ratio: 20:1; input level at +/-2dB: -25dBm; relative output: 13dBm
- Compression ratio: 12:1; input level at +/-2dB: -26dBm; relative output: 12dBm
- Compression ratio: 8:1; input level at +/-2dB: -27dBm; relative output: 11dBm
- Compression ratio: 4:1; input level at +/-2dB: -32dBm; relative output: 6dBm
- Stereo interconnection: via 1176 SA Network accessory
- Power requirements: 120/240V
- Environmental: Maximum operating temperature 160° F
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3-1/2"H (2RU)