Toontrack Toontrack EZX Jazz(Software Download) Sku #H70039000001000 Toontrack H70039 YSM Music Software Downloads https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Download Jazz drum samples from the innovative and creative mind of the one-and-only Futureman.
The Jazz EZX Expansion Pack features samples performed by the legendary drum virtuoso/pioneer Roy "Futureman" Wooten. As with other titles in the EZX Expansion Packs, it features drums and percussion sound banks to be used with the basic EZdrummer module. It also contains additional MIDI files to offer immediate creative access to the specific playing style of each EZX genre.
What EZX means to you
The philosophy behind EZX is to give you sounds recorded and mixed by the best in the business at an affordable price. The sounds are tweaked with specific genres in mind and recorded by top producers. When loading an EZX, an interactive picture of the drum kit contained in that expansion will appear in the main window of EZdrummer and allow all the pre-listening and construction features specific to that particular expansion.
To access an EZX expansion pre-installed on your computer click the EZX display in the main window. If you have installed one or more EZX, a pull-down menu will reveal the available options.
All EZX's can be used together with Toontrack Music's Superior Drummer 2.0 and the MIDI delivered with the EZX's can also be used with the Toontrack Music MIDI engine EZplayer pro.
The man behind the samples, Mr. Roy "Futureman" Wooten
Futureman is a multiple Grammy award-winning composer, inventor, and multi-instrumentalist who has been a pioneer in using sampled drums since 1985. He has shared the stage and numerous albums with many jazz legends. Roy started playing acoustic drums as a young child with his brothers in Virginia. From that he has come a long way and is now renowned for playing what is called a SynthAxe-Drumitar to trigger drum samples.
As an instrumentalist Roy Wooten strives to employ the power and science of Mother Nature and his percussive technique takes playing drums way beyond just simple time keeping. His approach is a much more all-encompassing and universal one. Futureman views himself as a storyteller playing music to reach beyond the limits of common musical understanding.
He invented and built the Drumitar to be able to voice his own revolutionary approach to jazz with the groundbreaking group Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. As a result, Futureman has performed using Toontrack Music samples to an audience of millions, live at some of the most popular and critically revered performance halls, clubs, TV shows, and festivals on the planet. Through Roy Wooten, Toontracks sounds have made it through to the airwaves of places like Carnegie Hall and premier Greenwich Village jazz club, Blue Note.
About the sessions
Throughout Toontrack's history of creating sample libraries and instruments, they have tried to both innovate and preserve in all areas of performance, engineering, and genre. In creating this library, they went to new and unheard of levels of dynamic. The recordings feature layered sampling with numerous mic stems fronted by recording chains they had only dreamt of before.
In the fall of '07, the began working on this collection with Futureman at the impeccable Blackbird Studios. His passion and knowledge of jazz history met with a relentlessly energetic and musical approach to single note striking that left the Toontrack crew in utter disbelief.
Roy hears every single hit and swirl recorded as part of a larger whole—as part of a musical sequence rather than as solitary, monotonous hit. The results are samples that strike with intensity and force lending unique scope and musicality to these recordings.
The recordings for the Jazz EZX set a benchmark for how sampling percussive instruments, and musical instruments in general, will be done in the future.
Toontrack Music has had the privilege to capture the magic of Futureman. His touch, his heart, his philosophy and his unique approach to his craft in this Jazz EZX. The story of jazz drums has a new chapter.
Note: EZX expansion packs are only compatible with the full version of Toontrack EZdrummer
- Jazz drum samples for use with the basic EZdrummer module
- Contains additional MIDI files
- Features drum playing by modern jazz legend Futureman
- Recorded at Blackbird Studios
- Kick drums:
- 18" Pearl Reference Series
- 22" Ludwig Maple Psychedelic
- Snare Drums:
- 5x14" Pearl 50th anniversary Solid Maple Shell (Brushes)
- 5x14" Pearl 50th anniversary Solid Maple Shell (Sticks)
- 3.5x14" Leedy piccolo (Sticks)
- 14" Masterworks Meritamon Series (Brushes)
- 14" Masterworks Meritamon Series (Sticks)
- Tom 1:
- 10" Gretsch USA Custom Series (Brushes)
- 10" Gretsch USA Custom Series (Sticks)
- 12" Pearl Reference Series (Brushes)
- 12" Pearl Reference Series (Sticks)
- 14" Pearl Reference Series (Brushes)
- 14" Pearl Reference Series (Sticks)
- 16" Slingerland Radio king (Brushes)
- 16" Slingerland Radio king (Sticks)
- 18" Paiste Fast Crash (Sticks)
- 22" K Zildjian Constantinople Medium (Brushes)
- 22" K Zildjian Constantinople Light (Brushes)
Toontrack EZX Jazz Specifications:
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows XP SP3 or newer, Pentium 4 or Athlon processor with 512 MB RAM
- Mac OS 10.4.11 or higher, G5 or Intel processor with 512 MB RAM
- 750 MB free hard disc space, DVD drive, A working EZdrummer or Superior Drummer 2.0 installation
- VST, AU, and RTAS