Restock TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 Firewire Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
T.C. Electronic's digital, analog, and effects mastery puts it all together for you in a compact desktop FireWire interface.
Anyone familiar with the T.C. Electronics' Konnekt line of interfaces knows they offer high-quality recording features. This addition to the family, the Desktop Konnect 6, continues that trend but is in a smaller footprint size FireWire audio interface allowing you to focus more on your performance than worrying about messing with complicated technology. It gives you all the features you'll need, like an advanced Monitor control, IMPACT mic pre with excellent I/O options, and the top-notch M40 Studio Reverb to instantly record instruments and vocals into your Mac or PC.
The volume control on the Konnekt 6 Interface is the knob that you'll use all the time. Therefore, it is great that it sits right where you want it: always within reach. With a volume control independent from the computer - between the computer and the active speakers - you can always turn down the volume, no matter what your computer does.
High resolution meter
The high resolution gives you precise information about levels. With clear level indication, you can always monitor the level of the input signal and know if you're near clipping. You can also choose to use the meter for mastering purposes.
Reverb for tracking
For monitoring convenience, the reverb is available as part of your monitor mix. You can control the reverb level directly from the top panel of Desktop Konnekt 6,and you can set reverb parameters using the control panel on the computer.
Direct monitor mix
Use the direct monitor knob to control the direct monitor level directly from the top panel of Desktop Konnekt 6. Together with the DIM switch and the MONO switch you have all the monitor functions you need at hand.
With Scene select you can easily access three independent scenes or "setups". The three default presets are for Microphone and guitar, two guitars/basses, and stereo line signal.
The control panel gives you full control over your monitor mix, including the M40 Studio Reverb.
IMPACT and I/O
When it comes to quality of the I/O section, Desktop Konnekt 6 has no compromises and matches its big brothers in the Konnekt range.
IMPACT mic pre
T.C. Electronics is renowned for its mic preamps, notably ranking among the finest mic preamps on the market. Desktop Konnekt 6 comes with a high-caliber IMPACT preamp which makes recording a vocal or instrument pure joy.
Hi-Z guitar/line inputs
Equipped with the same instrument inputs used in T.C.'s high-end guitar processors, Desktop Konnekt 6 offers studio-quality guitar recordings. These two high-impedance inputs will surely match the quality of your guitar, maintaining the tone and sound on the recording.
The headphone output has its own powerful amplifier and a separate converter, which makes you able to assign separate mix signal independent from what you hear in your monitor speakers.
The two balanced outputs match any powered or non-powered speaker monitors.
M40 Studio Reverb
Built-in to this unit is the M40 Studio Reverb, a simple to use, great sounding reverb that is powered by AlgoFlex - a new high definition T.C. technology that enables hardware quality and predictability to be ported to native software.
Hall, Room, and Plate
M40 Studio Reverb features three main reverb algorithms. The Hall algorithm emulates a large hall with a broad and warm reverb. Room emulates a small and well-furnished room with an intimate ambience. Going back in time, the Plate reverb algorithm emulates the large metallic plates which were used to create reverbs before digital signal processing was commonplace.
Part of monitor signal path
It is available for tracking to increase the recording comfort without tying the effect to the final take, operated by the control panel and the reverb knob on the top panel of Desktop Konnekt 6.
VST and Audio Units
Beside being part of the monitor mix, the M40 Studio Reverb is also available as a natively running VST/AU plug-in, allowing you to use Konnekt 6 as part of your recording session in your PC or Mac.
- 1 analog IMPACT input
- 1 line/inst input
- 2 balanced analog outputs
- 1 headphone out with individual source and level control
- Input meter with 12 segments, 2 channels, input/pre/post setting
- DSP mixer/router: 2/2 channels direct monitoring mixer
- DSP Effects: Native running M40 Studio Reverb, part of the monitor mixer
- 3 Programs/scenes
- M40 Studio reverb native plug-in included
- VST, AU compatible
- FireWire connection
- 6 DAW FireWire channels (2 X 4)
- Big volume control
- High resolution meter
- Tracking reverb level control
- Direct monitor control with input/DAW control
- DIM switch for convenient speaker dimming
- Instant scene recall
- Separate headphone level control
- IMPACT Mic preamp with 48v phantom power
- Input configuration: mic + instr/instr+instr/stereo line
- Balanced stereo outputs
- True Hi-Z guitar inputs known from TC's high-end guitar processors
- Headphone out with separate level control and separate source
- Studio sound reverb based on hardware technology
- Hall, Room and Plate algorithms
- Powered by AlgoFlex - a new high definition TC technology that enables hardware quality and predictability to be ported to native software
- Part of monitor mix and included as VST/AU compatible plug-ins
- TC NEAR compatible: works with all other Konnekt products
- Intuitive control panel for direct monitoring control
- FireWire 1394, bus powered
- DICE digital interface chip with JetPLL jitter elimination technology
- Low latency drivers for Mac and PC, WDM, ASIO, and CoreAudio
- 24-bit/192kHz sampling rate
- External power supply included