A smart, simple way to turn your iOS device a portable broadcast recording tool.
Ideal for small-broadcast recording, the iXJ2 Mic/Line Amplifier turns your iOS devices into a quality handheld broadcasting tool. It has two 3.5mm inputs for connecting a monarual clip mic or stereo microphone for both vertical and horizontal use. Both inputs can be adjusted independently making it possible to connect different sources to each input. For instance when using two mics for two people, you can make individual fine adjustments for each person with the large independent volume knobs. There's even a MONO SUM feature which will mix the monaural sounds in the center. The inputs also accept a very wide input gain range – up to 56dB. This allows the connection of anything from keyboards, stereo audio players, and other line level outputs.
iXJ2's pre-amplifier circuit adopts the acclaimed NJM4580 operational amplifier to guarantee clear, crisp and decisive sound quality. Its analog limiter reduces distortion when the input is pushed too hard. Select from stereo link operation and independent operation in order to meet your recording needs.
For amazing audio performance, the iXJ2 employs an AKM A/D converter to ensure that sound passing through the TASCAM unit to the iOS device does not degrade. Utilizing the AK5357 A/D converter, the iXJ2 achieves 100dB (@3V, 48kHz) S/N ratio and dynamic range.
The iXJ2 is powered from your devices with minimal drain on your iOS device's battery life. With use of a mini-USB connector you are able to charge your iOS device via the iXJ2 for extended recordings.
TASCAM's free "PCM Recorder" App is available for free on Apple's App Store. The iXj2 work with nearly all audio designed for the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, but TASCAM recommends the Linear PCM Recorder App(sold separately) for maximum compatibility with your device.
- Supports the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation)
- Records with CD quality (depend to iOS)
- Two stereo input jacks (A and B)
- Each input jack can accept an unbalanced monaural input or unbalanced stereo input
- Available mic and line level input at A/B
- JRC NJM4580 operational amplifier mouted
- Individual 2-color input/clip LED
- Input select from three modes
- Switchable plug-in power for A/B inputs
- MONO SUM function
Get this great iOS accessory today! Order today!
iXJ2 Line-In/Mic Converter for Apple iOS Specifications:
- INPUTS (A / B): Unbalanced
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo mini jack
- Input impedance: 2.2kΩ (PLUG IN POWER A=ON)/10kΩ(PLUG IN POWER A=OFF)
- Maximum input level: +6dBV
- Nominal input level: -66dBV to -10dBV
- USB: Mini-B
- iOS device connector: 30-pin dock connector
- Power source: Supply from iOS device
- Power consumption: 125mW
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +0/-2dB
- S/N ratio: 90dB or greater
- THD: Less than 0.02%
- Size (WxHxD): 59.8mm x 46.7mm x 16.6mm (including the connector)
- Weight: 30g