Sterling Audio ST66 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser MicrophoneSku #271357000000000 Sterling Audio 271357 YEA Recording Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Add tube condenser warmth and depth to your recordings.
The Sterling Audio ST66 is a tube condenser microphone that employs a large capsule with an ultra-thin 3-micron evaporated gold Mylar diaphragm. Optimized to capture the most definition and detail from all acoustic instruments like piano, drums, and guitars, the ST66 mic's low-noise GT6205M tube in a Class-A triode circuit provides warmth and detail, adding new dimension to vocal and especially instrument recording.
The ST66 uses triode wiring on specially selected pentode tubes to yield low noise and a more realistic dynamic response than their competitors. Its power supply is designed with a load-balancing circuitry that allows cable runs of more than 200 feet with no deviation from optimal performance.
Sterling Audio microphones employ several advanced technologies that separate their large-diaphragm condenser mics from the rest of the pack.
One of the more important advancements is their Disk Resonator system. With it, Sterling Audio is uniquely able to compensate for the 14kHz frequency roll-off that is inherent in large diaphragm mics. As any good audio engineer knows, this deficiency translates to a lack of sparkle from high-frequency sound sources.
Other manufacturers have typically solved this problem by cutting other frequencies and then increasing the entire signal to help even out the frequency range. Unfortunately, this results in increased noise.
Disk Resonator Technology incorporates a brass umbrella that protrudes from the center of the diaphragm in Sterling Audio's ST66 microphone. It gently boosts the diaphragm sensitivity to shorter sound waves, allowing it to respond more accurately to those all-important higher frequencies. The result is optimal sensitivity, full frequency response, and a low signal-to-noise ratio.
Another piece of audio wizardry comes in the form of the ultra-thin diaphragm membrane made of Mylar. While most modern condenser diaphragms are 6 to 12 microns in thickness, Sterling Audio, in association with 3M, has produced a highly resilient Mylar that measures a mere 3 microns. This allows the ST66 to deliver an extraordinary degree of sensitivity.
Requires phantom power.
- Low-noise GT6205M-USA tube
- Disk Resonator design extends high-frequencies naturally
- Large 1-1/4" all-brass capsule, hand assembled and oven baked for long term, stable operation
- Low-noise mic cable with Neutrik connectors
- Nickel-plated all brass body
- Custom-wound nickel core output transformer
- ST-SM4 shockmount
- 7-pin XLR mic cable
Get the lush dynamics that only a tube mic can provide. Order the ST66 now.
ST66 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Preamp: Tube-based, Class-A design
- Polar Patterns: Fixed cardioid
- High Pass Filter: Switchable 75Hz, 12dB/octave
- Attenuation Pad: Switchable -10dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz — 20kHz
- Equivalent Noise: 23dB SPL — A Weighted
- Sensitivity: 35mV/Pa
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 79dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL: 130dB-140dB (adjustable w/pad)
- Typical Load Impedance: >500 ohms
- Output Source Impedance: 200 ohm transformer isolated
- Dimensions: 7-1/2" long, 1-4/5" max. dia.
- Weight: 1 lb.