- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
8 Class-A preamps and outstanding integration with Cubase.
The Steinberg MR816X FireWire audio interface is part of the Advanced Integration DSP Studio—the hardware centerpiece in a latency-free recording and monitoring environment that fully exploits Steinberg's renowned Cubase Music Production System.
Designed by Steinberg and Yamaha, the MR816X Firewire Interface features unprecedented integration with Cubase. Offers a full range of audio I/O options and onboard DSP and renowned REV-X reverb. It houses 8 discrete Class A analog 'D-Pre' mic preamps with combination XLR and TRS analog inputs with advanced new inverted Darlington circuits and switchable phantom power per channel, as well as digital ADAT and S/PDIF I/O. The MR816X works with Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- A latency-free recording and monitoring environment
- Unprecedented integration with Cubase
- 8 discrete Class A analog 'D-Pre' mic preamps
- DSP-powered FX including reknowned REV-X reverb
- Advanced inverted Darlington circuits
- Switchable phantom power per channel
- Digital ADAT and S/PDIF I/Os
- Supports Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Steinberg MR816X Firewire Interface:
Never been satisfied with a piece of equipment more than this. The AD/DA conversion is comparable to high end standalone converters. The preamps are clean and better than anything you'll find for less $1k a channel. Combine the converters/preamps and you have soemthing that rivals the Lynx Aurora FW series at half the price. Integration with Cubase is an extra bonus for cubase users.