Soundcraft M Series M4 8-Channel MixerProduct #630915 Soundcraft 630915 YJB Unpowered Mixers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
If you think 'inexpensive" always means 'cheap," think again.
In a world full of cheap compact mixers, Soundcraft has achieved something exceptional with the Soundcraft M Series. Equally suited to recording and live sound applications, the Soundcraft M Series delivers a great-sounding, reliable performance, session after session, mix after mix.
Even before you plug in a Soundcraft M Series mixer you know it’s something very special. The brushed steel side panels aren’t just beautiful, they can withstand a weight of 60kg (132 lbs) and are designed to leave the mixer with no sharp edges. Removing these panels is simple, revealing a robust, integral rack mounting system equipping the M Series instantly for a life on the road.
The Soundcraft M Series is also exceptionally easy to use. The control surface will be immediately familiar to anyone who has used a mixer before and will quickly become second nature even to a novice. All inputs, EQ, auxes, panning and level controls are presented clearly, saving you time when creating your mixes and providing you with more time to spend on achieving the best sound. High quality 100mm faders combine with signal and peak LEDs on every channel and high resolution output metering places the operator in total control. You’ll find no unsightly screw heads anywhere on the M Series’ front panel to get in the way of your mixing, while a durable, multi-coat paint finish, ensures that a Soundcraft M Series console always looks as good as it sounds.
From raw component level through to cosmetic finishing, the Soundcraft M Series has been built to last. Just pick one up and you’ll know what we mean. Even the knobs are special, custom designed to our own exacting requirements. We’ve ensured there is plenty of spacing between the controls, enabling you to comfortably achieve total control of your mix. Even the headphone jack is located at the bottom right hand corner of the mixer so a trailing cable will never get in your way. Just another example of the attention to detail which makes the Soundcraft M Series the standard against which other compact mixing consoles must now be judged.
In audio mixing, signal path integrity is everything. While other manufacturers may choose economy over quality, Soundcraft leave nothing to chance – our reputation depends on it. That’s why Soundcraft M Series consoles feature professional grade connectors throughout. All models benefit from XLR mic sockets and metal-shafted jacks are used for the line inputs. Meanwhile, to ensure the absence of hum loops and noise, the insert sockets utilise metal barrelled jacks with an insulating plastic thread. And like all components in the M Series, the connectors are designed and built to give year after year of reliable high performance.
PFL and AFL
At Soundcraft we make no apologies for our professional heritage and this is reflected in the terminology we use. The aux masters feature AFL (After Fade Listen) for monitoring each aux signal, with PFL (Pre Fade Listen) buttons included on the input channels. The term ‘solo’ does not adequately describe the functions. With the M Series, AFL, PFL and a peak warning indicator mean that audio professionals will always know exactly what signal they are monitoring.
Switchable direct outputs
Whether choosing a mixer for sound reinforcement or recording, one day you’ll be glad you chose one with switchable direct outputs. Each direct output is pre/post switchable on every channel to suit your application. Essential for multitrack live recording, switchable direct outputs enablethe pre-fade signal to be sent directly to the recorder regardless of the fader settings used for the live mix, allowing total post production flexibility. And when recording in the studio, the final mix can be sent post-fader to the multitrack, recording every fader movement. An absolute necessity.
Each Soundcraft M Series console features a built in, high quality stereo A/D convertor, allowing a digital version of your mix to be routed directly to digital recording systems such as DAT, MiniDisc or recordable CD. The S/PDIF format output means the A-D conversion is undertaken in the best place, well away from the hostile environment of a PC ensuring audio integrity throughout.
Integral rack mounting
We know that for many people a mixing console must perform duties both in the studio and on the road. Through innovative design, the M Series can be instantly transformed to suit either environment. The stylish metal side panels are quickly and easily removed to reveal a strong, integral rack mounting system. Back in the studio, simply replace the side panels and it reverts to a desktop mixer. All three M Series mixers occupy 11U of standard rack space.
The build quality of the Soundcraft M Series mixer remains totally uncompromised. It benefits from an exceptionally rugged chassis, designed to withstand the most demanding working environments, from studio to stage, or from conference to church.
The Soundcraft M Series is available in 4, 8 or 12 mono input channel frame sizes. All three mixers include four stereo inputs and four stereo returns, with all other features and specifications identical.
- 8-channels, (4 mono mic/line, 4 stereo line)
- S/PDIF Digital output
- Low noise, low distortion and RF rejection mic preamps
- Great British EQ with HF range improvements
- Ground tracking architecture minimizes noise and hum
- 100mm fader throw
- Professional grade connections throughout
- IMaster gain control on all aux busses
- Switchable direct outputs
- Intelligent rackmounting system
- Direct outputs ( pre or post fade ) on all mono channels
- Signal present and peak LEDs on all input channels
- Mute and PFL on all input channels
- 4 Stereo returns & return master for FX returns
- Live sound reproduction
- Home studio recording
- Keyboard, samplers, synthesizers and electronic instrument mixing
- PA mixing for bars, schools, leisure centers, places of worship, etc.
- Location mixing
- Multimedia production
- Video post production
- Multi-speaker systems
- Conference sound systems
Order a mixer with versatility that belies its price.
M Series M4 8-Channel Mixer Specifications:
- Frequency response
- Mic / Line Input to any Output: +/-1dB 20Hz – 20kHz
- Mic Sensitivity -30dBu, +20dBu @ all Outputs: < 0.008% @ 1kHz
- Mic Input E.I.N. (maximum gain, measured 22Hz – 22kHz, unweighted): -128dBu
- Aux and Mix Outputs (8 ch. routed, faders down, 22Hz – 22kHz, unweighted): < -84dBu
- Channel Mute: < 90dB 20Hz – 10kHz, < 80dB 10kHz – 20kHz
- Fader Cut-Off (ref. Fader 0dB): < 90dB 20Hz – 10kHz, < 80dB 10kHz – 20kHz
- Routing Isolation: < 90dB 20Hz -10kHz, < 80dB 10kHz – 20kHz
- Input & output impedances
- Microphone Input: ~ 2kΩ
- Mono Channel Line Input: > 40kΩ
- Stereo Input (Stereo Mode): > 30kΩ
- Stereo Returns: > 10kΩ
- Headphones Output: ~ 40Ω
- All Other Audio Outputs: 75Ω
- Input & output levels
- Microphone Input Maximum Level: +12dBu
- Mono Channel Line Input Maximum Level: +38dBu
- Stereo Input Maximum Level: +21dBu
- Headphones Output (into 200Ω): 150mW
- All Other Audio Outputs : +21dBu into 10kΩ
- HP: 100Hz, 18dB/octave
- HF: 12kHz, +/-15dB
- MF: 240Hz – 6kHz, +/-15dB
- LF: 60Hz, +/-15dB
- With sides: 15.6"/397 (W), 4.7"/119 (H), 20.6"/523 mm (D)
- W/O sides: 14.7"/373 (W), 4.7"/119 (H), 19.3"/490 mm (D)
- Weight: 14.8 lb. / 6.75kg