Soundcraft FX16ii Mixer
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
In 1997, Soundcraft launched the Spirit FX16 which immediately became popular with its 16 direct outputs and built-in effects unit in wide-ranging applications. Ten years later, Soundcraft has given the FX16 an overhaul bringing it in line with the Soundcraft Professional range using the latest 24-bit, digital Lexicon effects processor and creating the Soundcraft FX16ii.
The Soundcraft FX16ii mixer uses the same AudioDNA processor featured in many of the Digitech and Lexicon outboard equipment including the highly respected Lexicon MX500 processor. With over 35 years of experience, the Lexicon name is among top creators of reverb and processing equipment in the business, ensuring the finest quality effects not usually found in a console at this price level.
The Soundcraft FX16ii offers a combination of powerful live and recording features; each channel has a Direct Output that is individually switch-able pre- or post-fader to enable use with 16-track recording systems. The Lexicon effects work just as well in the live as well as the recording environment with a tap tempo function, 3 parameter controls, user effects settings storability, effects clip LED, and 32 powerful and editable effects to choose from.
The use of the latest PCB surface-mount technology means that the Soundcraft FX16ii fits all of these features into a rugged, compact frame which can be optionally rack-mounted into a 10U space via Soundcraft FX16ii's rotating connector pod which allows cables to be connected conveniently behind the rack and save rack space.
Live Sound: bands, small venues, clubs, conferences, schools, houses of worship
Studio Recording: digital/analogue multi-tracking (8 or 16 track), small/home studios, pre-/post-production
- 26 inputs
- 16 mono microphone channels
- 4 stereo returns
- 4-bus architecture, with sub-group routable to mix
- Built-in 24-bit Lexicon digital effects processor
- 32 FX settings
- Tap tempo
- 3 FX parameter adjust rotaries
- User FX settings store function
- Direct outputs for multi-track recording individually switch-able for pre-post-fade operation
- Inserts on all mono channels
- Inserts on stereo mix output
- Classic Soundcraft 3-band EQ with swept mid-band
- Stereo 18dB/octave 100Hz high-pass filter
- Dual-global +48V phantom power split channels 1-8 and 9-16
- Channel mute control
- 10-segment tri-colored metering
- Two sub-group outputs
- Separate mono sum output
FX16ii Mixer Specifications:
- Frequency Response Mic/line Input to any Output: +/-1dB, 20Hz — 20kHz
- T.H.D. Mic Sensitivity -30dBu,+14dBu @ Mix output: < 0.009% @ 1kHz
- Mic Input E.I.N. (maximum gain): -127dBu (150 Ohms source)
- Aux, Mix, and Masters (@ 0dB,faders down): < -84dBu
- Crosstalk (@ 1kHz)
- Channel Mute: > 96dB
- Fader Cut-off (rel +10 mark): > 90dB
- Aux Send Pots Offness: > 86dB
- EQ (Mono inputs)
- HF: 12kHz,+/-15dB,
- MF: (swept): 150Hz — 3.5kHz,+/-15dB
- LF: 80Hz,+/-15dB
- Q: 1.5
- Power Consumption: Less than 40W
- Operating Conditions: Temperature Range 5°C to 30°C
- Input and Output Specs
- Input & Output Levels
- Mic Input: +15dBu max.
- Line Input: +30dBu max.
- Stereo Input: +30dBu max.
- Mix Output: +20dBu max.
- Headphones (@150 Ohms): 300mW
- Input & Output Impedances
- Mic Input: 2k Ohms
- Line Input: 10k Ohms
- Stereo Input: 65k Ohms (stereo), 35k Ohms (mono)
- Outputs: 150 Ohms (balanced), 75 Ohms (unbalanced)
- Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 5.8"
- Width without rack brackets: 17.4"
- Width with rack brackets: 19.0"
- Depth 17.4"
- Weight: 19 lbs.