SSL sound quality, EQ, and dynamics is now within easy reach for yur DAW!
The XLogic Alpha Channel is destined to bring the elusive Solid State Logic (SSL) sound to a whole new generation of producers and engineers. With the classic combination of a studio class mic preamp, filter, EQ, and limiting, the XLogic Alpha Channel is a classic analog channel strip designed to provide the perfect front end to your Digital Audio Workstation. With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks every time, the Alpha Channel offers a recording solution based on SSL's years of experience in designing the world's leading analog recording consoles. Alpha Channel retains the superior sonic fidelity, quality and attention to detail that have established Solid State Logic as the world's leading audio console manufacturer.
With the classic combination of a mic preamp, filter, EQ and dynamics, the XLogic Alpha Channel brings SSL's sonic legacy up to date in an analog channel strip designed to provide the perfect front end to your digital audio workstation.
A huge proportion of the music you know and love was recorded on SSL, renowned for the superior audio qualities you've heard on countless hit records. That elusive sonic ingredient is here in the Alpha Channel.
- SSL analogue channel processing for your audio workstation
- Pro mic preamp with line and instrument level switching
- Studio-class EQ, filter and limiter sections
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit--a time machine of distortion characteristics
- Analogue or digital outputs direct to your DAW
- Professional ultra clean mic preamp with line level and Hi Z instrument input switches
- 'Variable Harmonic Drive' circuit; a Time Machine of distortion characteristics
- High Pass Filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cutoff frequency
- Built-in professional quality analogue-to-digital conversion, as standard
- Auto-sample-rate sensing and self-adjustment
- Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid freq Q control and dual LF curves
Order with confidence thanks to the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Solid State Logic Alpha Channel:
This is an SSL quality product and you shouldn't expect anything less. Now having said that, I was disappointed that it didn't send a master clock signal above 44.1kHz. I wanted to use the Alpha Channel with my Mbox 2 Pro [using the alpha channel as preamp and a/d converter] but pro tools sessions that were 48khz or above didn't work as the Mbox SPDIF input needs to detect a master clock signal and the Alpha channel is made to pretty much "slave" to any device and automatically adjust sample rate accordingly. If your sessions are 44.kHz then it works fine, but for me I'd rather not be limited to just that. The Eq section is not that user friendly as very little is actually marked. The limiter at the end of the signal path is great, nice sounding and very helpful. The Harmonic Drive is interesting, it's subtle tho' so if you're thinking of getting a serious "tube" OD sound out of it, not going to happen. I did a simple A/D converter test between the Alpha channel and the Mbox 2 pro and as expected the Alpha channel was far superior than the little blue box. I also did a simple comparison of just the preamps [using mbox a/d converter] and was surprised to find the mbox pre's to be quite close to the alpha channel, in other words there was a difference but not "night & day".