Shure Beta 91A Kick-Drum Mic
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound.
The Shure Beta 91A is designed for use with kick drums, as well as other traditional low-frequency applications including piano. Featuring an updated microphone capsule, integrated preamplifier, and XLR connection, Beta 91A offers a strong low-frequency response and is specifically tailored for bass frequency applications. The Beta 91A combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound, even at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL).
A 2-position contour switch maximizes attack and clarity depending on application. Select the flat response setting for natural sound in most applications or the "low-mid scoop" setting for a strong low frequency "punch" with plenty of higher frequency attack. Requires phantom power. Comes with zippered pouch.
- Uniform half-cardioid polar pattern for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound
- Precision-engineered low-profile design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for kick drum/low frequency applications
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Two-position contour switch to maximize attack and clarity
- Requires no external mounting or accessories for ease of use and storage
- Furnished with zipper pouch
Get the low-end punch you need!
Beta 91A Kick-Drum Mic Specifications:
- Type: Electret Condenser
Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage)
- -48.5 dBV/Pa (3.8mV)
- 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 151 dB, 2500 Ohm load: 155 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz)
- 64 dB
- S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz)
- 1000 Ohm load: 121.5 dB
- 2500 Ohm load: 125.5 dB
Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 55 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD)
- 1000 Ohm load: 7.50 dBV, 2500 Ohm load: 12.5 dBV
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 29.5 dB SPL-A
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Weight: Net: 470 g (16.6 oz.)
Frequency Contour Switch: 7 dB of attenuation centered at 400 kHz
Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
Power Requirements: 11-52 Vdc phantom power, 5.6 mA