- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A dual-channel system that solves feedback problems by precise attenuation of very narrow bands of feedback-prone frequencies.
Since Sabine first invented digital feedback control in 1991, FBX Feedback Exterminators have helped set the standard for transparent and reliable automatic feedback control. Now Sabine is proud to announce the latest innovation in automatic feedback controllers, the FBX2410 Dual Feedback Controller.
The new FBX2410 includes major improvements to Sabine's patented feedback control algorithms, providing exceptional fast feedback detection and elimination. Sabine's one-Hz placement accuracy means these filters are even more transparent, and the signal-to-noise ratio has been improved by 10dB. All this means...one of the best just got better.
The Power of FBX:
FBX Feedback Exterminators set themselves apart for their ability to control feedback during the program, not just at setup time. If feedback occurs during that crucial moment of the show, in the middle of the big solo, or just when the worship leader begins the sermon, the FBX places a filter that only kills the feedback, not the sound and power you work so hard to achieve. Think of the FBX as a very advanced set of automatic parametric filters. If you had the time, the filters, and the test equipment, you could find the feedback frequencies, dial in the precise filter location, and make a very narrow filter, just deep enough to remove the offending tone. The FBX does it all for you automatically, and it does it faster than any other method. How does Sabine do it? First let’s consider just how a superior feedback control filter should behave. Filters can be described by their speed, accuracy, resolution, and sonic integrity.
The industry's best digital signal processors give the FBX2410 a distinct speed advantage over other automatic feedback controllers. In Setup Mode, the speed is increased so you can complete your entire setup of the FBX in less than 30 seconds.
Is it music or is it feedback? This is the most difficult question your feedback controller must answer. A wrong decision means you waste filters (less gain for you) and punch unnecessary holes in your sound. Less sophisticated feedback controllers place filters on any loud tone, even if it is music, but the FBX uses a patented analysis of the harmonic content of your program material. Because feedback is low in harmonics, and music and speech are rich in harmonics, the FBX is able to make the correct and accurate answer to the music or feedback question.
This is a big one. Now that we know feedback is happening, we need to target it precisely. Many feedback controllers place their filters in the general vicinity of the feedback and then widen the filters until the feedback goes away. The FBX uses a more sophisticated solution. It centers the filter exactly on the frequency that is feeding back. This unique one-Hertz resolution enables the FBX to control feedback with transparent filters that are ten times narrower than graphic equalizer filters, which can only muster 31 spots to place their very wide filters. Feedback frequencies are single tones, and that means there can be almost 20,000 places for them to occur in the audio spectrum. You can see that using a feedback control device with less resolution is like shooting a fly with a shotgun.
Sabine’s innovative approach to digital filtering is unique in the industry. The filters just sound better, with far less phase distortion and a smoother response. Many feedback controlers and graphic equalizers claim to provide Constant Q filters, but they really get wider as the filters go deeper. This Sabine filter remains extremely narrow regardless of its depth.
The FBX2410 gives you an easy, fast, and quiet setup procedure. In less than 30 seconds you will be ready to begin your performance, and the whole process is so quiet you can almost do it without anyone knowing it is happening.
Bright Multi-Color Filter Display:
After the super-fast setup is complete, the bright blue LED on the Ready button clearly tells you the show can begin and you’ve got all the extra gain you need. You have complete control of the mix between filter types (see the Fixed and Dynamic Filter box above), and the bright, three-color LED display shows you your filter status at all times – you can even see it from across the room!
The Bottom Line:
The new FBX2410 continues Sabine's leadership in the field of innovative and effective feedback control. With improved specs and audio performance, the FBX Feedback Exterminator is made in the USA.
- Super-fast automatic feedback control
- Quick and quiet setup
- Increased headroom and reduced noise floor
- Accurately distinguishes music from feedback
- Places filters with 1Hz resolution
- Transparent - leaves your sound clear and untouched
- Provides more gain before feedback (6 to 9dB typical)
- 24-bit Digital Resolution
- Three-color LED filter display
- 12 Filters per channel
- Flexible filter controls
- Dynamic filter reset
Eliminate feedback quick and easy with the FBX210. Order today!
FBX2410 Feedback Exterminator Specifications:
- FBX/Parametric Filters
- 12 independent digital notch filters per channel, controlled automatically from 40 Hz to 20 KHz
- Filter width: user-controllable - either 1/10 or 1/5 octave, constant "Q" Resolution: 1Hz
- Time required to find and eliminate feedback: 0.4 seconds, typical @ 1kHz Number of Dynamic vs. Fixed filters per channel: user selectable with last configuration stored in memory
- Dynamic filter Timer: Resets dynamic filters in 1, 5, 30, or 60 minutes
- Input/Output Maximum Signal Levels: Balanced +18dBV peak, unbalanced +12 dBV peak
- Output Drive: Unit will perform as specified driving a load >600Ohms
- Input Impedance: Balanced or unbalanced >40kOhms, PIN 2 high
- Output Impedance: Balanced or unbalanced 150 Ohms nominal, PIN 2 high
- Bypass: True power off bypass
- Headroom: +14dB peak @ 4 dBV nominal input, balanced I/O Connectors: XLR-3 and 1/4" TRS
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz +/- 0.3dB
- Gain matching: +/- 0.2dB
- SNR - Dynamic Range: >108dB
- THD: .005% at 1kHz
- <0.01% 20Hz – 10kHz
- <0.025% 10kHz – 20kHz
- Dynamic range: >108dB
- Power Input: 115 VAC: 100 – 130 VAC 50/60Hz
- Fuse: 0.1 A, 10 W, 0.160 A SB fuse
- Dimensions: 1-U rack mount; 19" x 1.75" x 6.25" nominal (rackmountable); 48.3cm x 4.5cm x 15.9cm nominal
- Weight: 8.0 lb. (3.6 kg) nominal
- Operating Temperature: Safe operating temperature: -15 to +50 degrees centigrade ambient temperature (5 to 122F)