Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5033 5-Band Equalizer ModuleProduct #482648 Rupert Neve Designs 482648 YFE Equalizers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Gives you precise EQ control and that reknowned Neve "sweetness".
The Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5033 5-Band Equalizer and high performance line driver with the performance, features and musicality expected from the legendary Rupert Neve, its designer.
The Portico 5033 EQ features Rupert Neve's custom input and output transformer designs, 5 bands of EQ based on his traditional curves, Â±12dB input level adjustment, 5 filter bypasses. You can configure the Neve 5033 EQ in either horizontal or vertical formats.
At the input and output of the Neve 5033 EQ lie custom designed Rupert Neve transformers, which are much of the heart of the sound of Rupert Neve's classic component designs. The 5033 module's EQ section can be completely bypassed and the unit can be used as a very high quality line driver utilizing these transformers, which can help to add sonic sweetness to a source.
Low Frequency and High Frequency Shelving Filters
For opposite ends of the audio spectrum there are 2 separate shelving filters, which are both engaged or disengaged using the same LED pushbutton. Each shelving filter allows for a boost or cut of up to 12 db, providing steeply rising or falling curve shapes. When these curves are boosted or cut aggressively, they enable the second and even third harmonic to be varied in relation to their fundamental, allowing the natural sound of a musical instrument to be varied. When used less aggressively, one can attenuate bands of frequencies above or below the "turnover" point to their desired levels. These sections each provide EQ curves that approximate to 6 dB/ and give a true flat response when this section is engaged but not boosted or attenuated.
Low Frequency (LF) Shelving Filter
Continuously variable from 30Hz to 300 Hz, allowing for a wide range of applications, from filtering out low rumbles caused by air conditioning units to taming an instrument with too much low end or even adding a little bit of "oomph" to a thin mix, proving to be an indispensable asset in the signal chain.
High Frequency (HF) Shelving Filter
Continuously variable from 2.5 kHz to 25 kHz, giving this section of the EQ a valuable range of operation. Whether you want to really bring out the presence and breath of your vocals or simply add some "air" to your overall mix, the HF shelving filter will give you that bit of sparkle you're looking for.
Mid Range Parametric Filters
To cover the crucial mid-range, the 5033 comes with three bands of parametric EQ, each separately engaged and having a true "flat" response when each section is engaged but not boosted or attenuated. Each section is capable of boosting or attenuating up to 12 dB, and includes a variable "Q" control. "Q" controls range from "Q" = 0.6 to "Q" = 3, allowing you to vary the bandwidth of the attenuation or boost, whether a broad range of frequencies to gently give a sonic section a slight boost or dip or using the filter with a very narrow range of frequencies, acting almost as an audio "chisel" to hone in on certain offending frequencies.
The Low Mid Frequency (LMF)
Section is variable from 50 Hz to 400 Hz. The Mid Frequency (MF) Section is variable from 330 Hz to 2.5 kHz. The High Mid Frequency (HMF) Section is variable from 2 kHz to 16 kHz. Each section has been carefully designed to overlap neighboring ranges, allowing for a very fine range of possible adjustments.
If you'd like to rackmount a single Portico, Neve offers the Half Rack Joining Kit (see #482654). Or to rackmount two Portico units, Neve offers its Horizontal Joining Kit (see #482653). Another option for mounting single half rack units is the Raxxess Universal Rack Shelf (see #421642).
- 5 Bands Of EQ
- Neve Custom Input And Output Transformer Designs Which Add Sonic "Sweetness" To A Source
- Analogue Operation
- Intended For Recording, Mixing And Mastering Applications
- Compact Half-Rack Design
- Heavy Duty Construction
Portico 5033 5-Band Equalizer Module Specifications:
- EQ POINTS:
- 1st notch not numbered - 65.1 Hz
- 2nd notch - 120.8 Hz
- 4th notch - 248.9 Hz
- 5th notch - 354.5 Hz
- 1st notch not numbered - 443.6 Hz
- 2nd notch - 693.9 Hz
- 4th notch - 1.481 kHz
- 5th notch - 2.225 kHz
- 1st notch not numbered - 2.475 kHz
- 2nd - 4.748 kHz
- 4th - 9.612 kHz
- 5th - 13.545 kHz
- The LF and HF shelf frequencies are the 3 dB down points from the highest point of the shelf:
- 1st notch not numbered - 68.4 Hz
- 2nd - 111.3 Hz
- 4th - 155.6 Hz
- 5th - 198 Hz
- 1st notch not numbered - 2.760 kHz
- 2nd - 3.240 kHz
- 4th - 5.6 kHz
- 5th - 10.9 kHz
- TRIM: Provides fine gain adjustment continuously over a range of Â±12 dB.
- ALL BYPASS:Push button inserts or bypasses the entire EQ circuit
- LF SECTION: Continuously variable shelving filter with a frequency range of 30 Hz to 300 Hz; continuously variable gain of Â±12
- LMF SECTION: Continuously variable frequency range of 50 Hz to 400 Hz; continuously variable Q; continuously variable gain of Â±12; IN pushbutton inserts or bypasses LMF Section
- LMF IN: Inserts the LMF Section into the circuit
- MF SECTION; Continuously variable frequency range of 330 Hz to 2500 Hz; continuously variable Q; continuously variable gain of Â±12; IN pushbutton inserts or bypasses LMF Section
- MF IN: Inserts the MF Section into the circuit
- HMF SECTION: Continuously variable frequency range of 1.8 kHz to 16 kHz; continuously variable Q; continuously variable gain of Â±12; IN pushbutton inserts or bypasses LMF Section
- HMF IN: Inserts the HMF Section into the circuit
- HF SECTION: Continuously variable shelving with a frequency range of 2.5 kHz to 25 kHz; continuously variable gain of Â± 12
- HF & LF IN: Inserts the HF and LF Sections into the circuit