Royer R-122V Matched Ribbon Microphone Pair(Nickel) Sku #581153000377000 Royer 581153 YEC Specialty Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
This vacuum tube ribbon mic pair offers unmatched clarity, detail and airiness.
The Matched R-122V Tube Ribbon Microphone Pair from Royer offers unsurpassed warm, realistic stereo imaging. The R-122V takes the Royer-pioneered concept of active ribbon microphone technology to an unprecedented level by incorporating vacuum tube electronics into the same proven transducer system used in the venerable R-121 and R-122 ribbon microphones. The high operating voltage of the vacuum tube provides a headroom capability far beyond that capable from a standard phantom power supply. In real-world use, this translates into unmatched clarity, detail and airiness.
The R-122V's head amplifier consists of a low-noise, triode-connected military grade 5840 vacuum tube. Designed for a wide range of applications, the Royer R-122V offers superb transient response and the drive capabilities only a vacuum tube head amplifier can provide. The circuit is devoid of typical vacuum tube coloration.
The R-122V's triode-configured cathode follower circuitry enables the microphone to drive long cable runs without sonic degradation or high-frequency loss. This capability is further enhanced by the R-122V ribbon mic's dedicated power supply that provides ample current to the vacuum tube electronics. Induced noise is virtually eliminated by the microphone's fully balanced output that is electrically isolated with a special purpose Jensen output transformer.
Like our phantom powered R-122, the R-122V has far more level than non-powered ribbon microphones and its impedance matching circuitry places a perfect load on the ribbon element at all times. This allows the use of a wide variety of mic preamps without concern for gain and impedance matches, two critical issues with ribbon microphones. All of the Royer R-122V's increased output comes from its large, specially designed toroidal transformer, so there is no additional noise associated with the microphone's higher output.
Like all Royer products, the R-122V ribbon microphone comes with a lifetime warranty to the original owner (the tube warranty is 10 years).
- Matched vacuum tube ribbon microphone pair
- Vacuum tube electronics provide high output capability, optimal impedance to the ribbon element and low output impedance
- Extremely low self-noise
- Operates from a dedicated power supply
- High SPL capabilities for electric guitar and percussion instruments
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Ribbon element unaffected by impedance/load, heat or humidity
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Rear side of mic records slightly brighter when three feet or closer to sound source
R-122V Matched Ribbon Microphone Pair Specifications:
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with vacuum tube electronics.
- Vacuum Tube: JAN mil-spec 5840W pentode wired in triode
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -36 dB (re. 1v/pa +/- 1 dB)
- Self-Noise: < 18 dB
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms, balanced
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 K-Ohm
- Maximum SPL: >135dB SPL @ 20 Hz
- Power Requirements: Plate supply: 135 VDC @2ma, Filament supply: 6 VDC@ 150ma from dedicated power supply.
- Dimensions: 206mm L, 25mm W (8 1/8 " L, 1" W).
- Weight: 300g (10.9 oz )
- Finish: Dull Satin Nickel/Matte Black Chrome optional