- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Professional-quality, multi-channel, multi-format, and multi-task PCI Express interface with 4 x ADAT I/O.
The RME HDSPe RayDAT is a professional quality multi-channel, multi-format, multi-task PCI Express interface I/O card for recording up to the final mastering stage. It is the PCI Express version of the RMe HDSP 9652, and with it, SPDIF (phono) and AES/EBU (XLR) are simultaneously operational due to separated hardware and record/playback devices. The HDSPe RayDAT card's genuine PCI Express core takes full advantage of the newer format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio. And, thanks to RME's secure flash update technology, firmware improvements, adjustments, and bug fixes can be installed easily at any time.
RayDAT offers no less than 4 x ADAT optical I/O, SPDIF I/O and AES/EBU I/O. That's a whopping 36 channels of inputs and outputs. On top of that, there are 2 MIDI I/Os and TotalMix, RME's DSP-based, real-time mixer/router, with hardware-calculated level metering and complete MIDI remote capability. The internal ADAT inputs and outputs allow you to add up to two TDIF ports directly inside the computer via RME's optional expansion boards.
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the HDSPe RayDAT comes up. The clear, structured, simple-to-understand window and the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, sample rate, and time code make your work with the card a real pleasure. With a simple mouse click you gain access to the full power of your card.
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary that these are all properly locked, they also have to be totally synchronized. Otherwise, drop outs and crackling occurs. RME's exclusive SyncCheck checks all input signals. In clock mode, external gear is monitored so that it remains in proper sync with the internal clock of the Master unit. This outstanding and unique technology helps to find errors immediately. The actual state of each input is displayed in the settings dialog.
RME's unique SyncCheck and AutoSync technology has evolved into the new Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) of the HDSPe system. HDSPe RayDAT measures and displays the frequency of all clock sources—even word clock. Based on validity and current sample rate, the system then decides which clock source should be used—fully automated and performed in hardware. With this, the HDSPe system offers easy handling of the present clocks, even with plenty of digital inputs, plus advanced support when configuring the clock setup.
- Up to 36 inputs and 36 outputs can be used simultaneously
- TotalMix: 2592-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- Native PCI Express—no PCI to PCI Express bridge used
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 16 channels 24-bit/96kHz for record and playback on ADAT optical
- HDSPe RayDAT includes SteadyClock, RME's own clock technology, combining professional features like maximum jitter suppression at full varipitch capabilities and software controlled sample rates
- All settings changeable in realtime
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Top-notch bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT mode
- TMS (Track Marker Support): Supports CD/DAT start-IDs and the read out of CD subcode
- Unique status windows for record and playback, showing mode, and sample
- DIGICheck for Windows: Spectral analyzer, professional level meter for 2, 8, or 36 channels, Vector Audio Scope, various other audio analysis tools
Put an amazingly amount of I/O capable of high-speed, multi-tasking at your disposal. Order today.
HDSPe RayDAT Specifications:
- 4 x ADAT digital I/O, supporting 192kHz via S/MUX4 operation
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, 192kHz-capable
- 1 x AES/EBU digital I/O, 192kHz-capable
- 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- Supported sample frequencies:
- Internally: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 (kHz)
- Externally: 28kHz - 200kHz
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 0.7 ms, 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms
- Super low jitter design: < 1 ns in all clock modes