RME Fireface UC Compact 36-Channe USB Interface
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Two digitally controlled mic preamps, ultra-low latency, and up to 192kHz on all inputs and outputs.
The compact RME Fireface UC 36-Channel USB Interface is optimized for the highest possible performance under Windows and Mac OS. Based on the RME Hammerfall core, the ultra-low latency of the Fireface UC is nothing short of revolutionary, even with multiple channels. To remove the current restrictions of typical USB audio interfaces, the RME Fireface uses 2 firmware versions with different transfer methods for each platfrom. The interface's Win or Mac operating mode can be changed at any time. And, under Mac OS, the Fireface MIDI ports are class-compliant, enabling plug-and-play operation-no loading MIDI drivers.
The interface not only makes leading-edge RME Fireface technology available for PC and Mac, it also provides a unique, low-latency operating concept and high levels of performance and compatibility. Under both computer operating systems, the Fireface's latency performance is simply sensational. The smallest buffer offered under Windows has 48 samples, and under Mac OS X, 14 samples. The result is performance previously not available from typical USB audio interfaces, making the dream of the perfect and future-proof mobile pro audio recording solution come true.
The Fireface UC features all of the proven RME analog and digital circuitry. It is the only device in its class with active jitter suppression, enhanced standalone functionality, complete controllability from the front panel, highly flexible I/O in professional quality, and an unsurpassed 648-channel matrix router-at sample rates of up to 192 kHz.
Integrated DSP mixer
All inputs and outputs can be freely mixed, routed, and distributed with RMEÂ´s TotalMix software. Up to 9 independent stereo submixes can be set up. Each output and submix channel can be recorded directly and without external cable loops. DSP-based hardware calculates RMS and Peak levels for all channels without causing any significant CPU load. Plus, TotalMix can be completely remote controlled via MIDI.
Eight analog inputs and outputs (all balanced, except outputs 7/8) with software controlled reference levels (-10 dBV, +4 dBu Lo-/Hi-Gain) ensure high dynamic range and fidelity. Inputs 5 thru 8 on the rear panel feature RME's proven level references. -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Lo Gain can be selected in the settings dialog, equivalent to +2dBV, +13dBu and +19dBu for digital full scale. The same applies to the balanced rear analog outputs 1 thru 6. The hi-power headphones output offers high volumes even with low-impedance headphones.
The Fireface UC features 2 balanced microphone preamps with digitally controlled input stage, individually switchable 48V phantom power, and Neutrik Combo connectors for XLR and TRS. They can also be used as line inputs. With gain up to 65dB (adjustable in 1 dB-steps over a range of 55dB), exceptional EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) performance even at low settings, and extremely low THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise), these preamps surpass many reference-level devices. All level settings are 100% reproducible and can also be adjusted via software. Inputs 3 and 4 are flexible universal balanced inputs that operate exactly like inputs 5 to 8 on the rear, and can be adjusted to accept standard studio input levels (+4dBu, lo-gain). The input impedance can be switched from line (10k ohm) to instrument (470k ohm), and offers an additional analog input amplification of up to 18dB in steps of 0.5dB.
One ADAT I/O port provides digital connection to mixers and converters. The coaxial S/PDIF I/O (up to 192 kHz) is fully AES/EBU compatible. S/PDIF can also be accessed through the optical I/O.
Word Clock & MID
A Word Clock input and output plus two MIDI I/O ports (special breakout cable included) complete the list of features and turn the Fireface UC into a complete audio system of the highest quality.
- Sample rates up to 192kHz on all I/Os (including 2 ADAT channels with SMUX4)
- Two digitally controlled mic preamps in high-end quality
- Two balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals with a digitally controlled input stage,individually switchable 48V phantom power, and Neutrik Combo connectors for XLR and TRS
- Integrated DSP mixer
- Analog I/O
- Digital I/O
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Enhanced standalone operation with rotary encoder and front panel display
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- 54 Level Meter Peak/RMS, hardware-calculated
- Minimal latencies are not guaranteed as they depend on the specific computer and application
- 18 Input / 18 Output channels
- 8 x Analog I/O
- 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical
- 1 x S/PDIF I/O coaxial
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x USB 2.0
- 2 x mic preamp with digitally controlled gain
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
Whether you own a Mac or PC, the Fireface UC gives you 32-channels of excellent audio. Order today.
Fireface UC Compact 36-Channe USB Interface Specifications:
- Input AD: 6 x 1/4" TRS (4 x Line, 2 x Line/Instrument), 2 x XLR/TRS Combo connector (2 x Mic/Line), all servo-balanced.
- Output DA: 6 x 1/4" TRS, servo-balanced, DC-coupled signal path. 1 x 1/4" TRS unbalanced
- Input Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
- Output Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
- MIDI: 2 x MIDI I/O via breakout cable (4 x 5-pin DIN jacks), for 32 channels low jitter hi-speed MIDI
- Dynamic range AD: 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113dBA
- THD AD: < -100dB (< 0.001 %)
- THD+N AD: < -98dB (< 0.0012 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110dB
- Dynamic range DA: 110dB RMS unweighted, 113dBA (unmuted)
- THD DA: -100dB (0.001%)
- THD+N DA: -96dB (0.0015%)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110dB
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19dBu
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ +4dBu: +13dBu
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ -10dBV: +2dBV
- Sample rate internally: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 128, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Sample rate externally: 28kHz - 200kHz
- Frequency response: AD/DA, -0.1dB: 5Hz - 20.4kHz (sf 44.1kHz)
- Frequency response: AD/DA, -0.5dB: 1Hz - 43.3 kHz (sf 96kHz)
- Frequency response: AD/DA, -1 dB: 1Hz - 80kHz (sf 192kHz)
- Driver support
- Windows XP (from SP2), Vista, Vista 64, 7: Full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM and ASIO 2.0. WDM (DirectSound) with stereo and multi-Channel support. Mac OS X (10.5 or higher) Intel: Core Audio, Core MIDI