- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The ADI-8 PRO is an 8-channel analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter with reference approach. The compact 19" 1U rackmount enclosure includes several outstanding features, like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck®, SyncAlign®, TDIF/ADAT converter and Bit Splitter. AD- and DA-circuit automatically operate either independently or linked. The latest 24 bit converters with 128 times oversampling achieve more than 110 dB real dynamic range. All digital inputs and outputs operate at full 24-bit resolution. If you have been waiting for a flexible, fully professional yet affordable multi-channel converter - the wait is over.
The ADI-8 PRO's astonishing capabilities are easy to explore thanks to a simple and easy to understand user interface. Let's have a short walk over the front panel from left to right. Setting up the ADI-8 PRO starts with an input sensitivity that perfectly suits your needs and maintains the excellent dynamic range of the AD-Converters. INPUT LEVEL lets you choose between Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV.
Each analog input has its own 'Signal Present' and 'Clip' LED, so levels and Overload are easy to check. The key BIT SPLIT allows to spread the 24 bit signal on two outputs. This technique allows two 8-channel 16 bit tape recorders to record 8 channels in 24 bit resolution. BIT SPLIT works with both TDIF and ADAT.__RME's intelligent clock control (ICC) provides professional features you won't find anywhere else. First set the clock of the AD-Converter, choose between INTERNAL, EXTERNAL (BNC word clock) or INPUT (the digital input signal ADAT or TDIF.) The internal clock can be 44.1 or 48 kHz. The DA-Converter has the same settings available. The current state of locking and clock synchronisation is shown by blinking or constantly lit LEDs. The next key DIGITAL INPUT determines the used digital input, and the clock source in case INPUT was activated.
DIGITAL INPUT is already part of the DA-Converter section. Next is COMBINE which activates the re-combination of split signals back to a full 24 bit signal. The key COPY MODE routes the digital input to the digital outputs ADAT and TDIF. As these operate simultaneously sending identical data the ADI-8 PRO not only turns into a superiour ADAT/TDIF converter, but also allows copying between devices of the same format and a distribution to different devices. For example an ADAT signal can be distributed to 2 ADAT plus 2 TDIF outputs simultaneously. In Copy Mode also both BIT SPLIT and COMBINE are available, so it's possible to recombine a split signal while copying, or split a not split signal, or recombine and split again into another format. With this the ADI-8 PRO turns into an extremely powerful TDIF/ADAT interface.__Each analog output has its own 'Signal Present' LED which works in an analog fashion (brighter at higher levels.) A push on OUTPUT LEVEL sets Hi Gain, +4 dBu or -10 dBV as analog output level.
ADI-8 PRO's back shows an impressive number of connectors of all kinds which result in an unbeaten flexibility and compatibility. Whatever it is - simply get connected and enjoy the sonic clarity you've been missing when doing multitrack recording for so long.
- 8 channel AD-Converter, completely symmetrical and DC-coupled audio path, 116 dBA AD
- 8 channel DA-Converter, DC-coupled audio path, balanced output, 112 dBA DA
- ADAT optical inputs, 24 bit, based on RME's unsurpassed Bitclock PLL for sample accurate lock
- ADAT optical outputs, 24 bit, fully compatible to all ADAT optical inputs
- TDIF-1 interface, 24 bit, Low Jitter PLL, Emphasis support, DA-88 compatible
- Bit Split/Combine, Yamaha 02R compatible technique to record 24 bit data onto 16 bit machines
- Copy Mode adds a unique 24 bit ADAT to/from TDIF converter
- Bit Split/Combine, Copy Mode, ADAT and TDIF usable in all combinations
- Digital Patchbay operation, allows to copy, duplicate and distribute the digital input signals
- SyncCheck, unique technology to check clock synchronization
- Virtual Sample Buffer, allows to use the internal Low Jitter Clock (quarz crystal) even for DA-conversion
- Automatic storage of all settings