Radial Engineering X-Amp Active Reamplifier
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Open the door to explore new musical sounds and ideas.
The Radial X-Amp Active Reamplifier presents the engineer/producer/guitarist with an innovative and creative tool that allows a prerecorded track from a line level device to drive 2 guitar amplifiers or effect pedals simultaneously. The X-Amp employs a unique Class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Using the X-Amp is easy: One would, for instance, record a dry track using a high-quality direct box, then send this track from the recorder to the X-amp and then to either guitar amps, effect pedals or combinations thereof.
Recording using the X-Amp has many benefits: once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving 2 amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created allowing the engineer-producer to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, Class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, direct and isolated guitar amplifier outputs, 180Â° polarity reverse to bring both amps into phase, and dual ground lift options for noise-free operation.
Built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance, the Radial X-Amp boasts a welded I-beam internal skeleton with a separate housing for maximum protection of the circuit board. The outside bookend cover provides a protective zone for the switches, potentiometer, and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation.
- Active reamping device
- 100% Class-A signal path
- Two outputs to drive two amps
- Input level overload LED indicator
- Isolated output eliminates ground loops
A powerful creative ally in the studio. Get yours today!
X-Amp Active Reamplifier Specifications:
- Input (XLR connector): Balanced 600 ohm, +4dB Line level, AES standard Pin-1 hot
- Input level: +4dB balanced line level
- Input impedance: 600 Ohms
- Out-1 (1/4" connector): Unbalanced 10kOhm guitar signal, direct coupled
- Out-2 (1/4" connector): 10k-Ohm guitar signal, transformer isolated
- Output level: continuously variable
- Output impedance: 5K-Ohms
- Audio signal path: 100% discreet component Class-A circuit
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Power requirement: 15VDC 400mA - center positive
- Construction/finish: 14-gauge steel chassis & shell/baked enamel finish
- Size: 3-5/16"W x 5"L x 1-7/8"D (84mm x 127mm x 48mm)
- Weight (boxed): 2.6lb (1.8kg)
- Warranty: 3 years limited (see owner's manual for details)