Radial Engineering PowerPre Mic PreamplifierSku #H74110000000000 Radial Engineering H74110 YFW 500 Series Gear https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Warm, accurate and noise free.
The Radial PowerPre Microphone Preamp is one of the eight modules designed to be comprise the Radial Workhorse Rack and Mixer System that combines the popular 500 series platform with an incredibly flexible patching system to let you create the ultimate studio environment.
The Radial PowerPre is a high performance microphone preamplifier designed to be used with the Radial Workhorse and other 500 series modular racks. It features 100% discrete components for optimal signal transfer and employs a 'vintage' Hammond broadcast output transformer for warmth and exceptionally smooth tone.
The design begins with a front mounted XLR for instant connectivity plus a recessed 48V phantom power switch for safety. Unlike most mic preamps that require careful gain adjustment to avoid troublesome noise, the PowerPre is equipped with the newly developed AccuState input stage that automatically optimizes signal-to-noise at all levels with up to 55dB of gain. This is supported with a full 10 segment LED meter for precise signal monitoring.
To add extra character; a 3-position Vox control lets you set the PowerPre to 'breath' for added high frequency air such as when accentuating a vocal track or adding harmonic content to an acoustic guitar. The 'punch' setting adds body when recording electric guitar or can be used to fatten a voice. When set to linear, the PowerPre delivers a truly natural rendering for orchestral recording that will suit the most demanding purist. This is augmented with a gentle high-pass filter that helps control low end resonance when layering acoustic instruments.
- Hand selected 100% discrete electronics
- Hammond broadcast transformer output
- AccuState low-noise input circuit
- 3-position Vox control for added air or punch
Make spectacular audio easy!
PowerPre Mic Preamplifier Specifications:
- Microphone Input:
- Circuit type: 100% discrete, transformer coupled output
- Microphone Input: Accustate input fully variable gain control
- Current draw: 130mA (maximum draw)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz +0/-1dB Input
- Impedance: 2.2kΩ (1.5kΩ with pad)
- Mic preamp gain: +55dB
- Maximum gain: +70dB when used with Workhorse
- Maximum output: +22dBu
- Output impedance: 75O @ 1kHz
- Output type: Transformer isolated
- Common mode rejection (CMRR): >75dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN): -122dBu @ maximum gain
- Dynamic range: >97dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD+N): 0.03% @ mid gain with +10dBu output Intermodulation distortion (IMD): 0.012% @ 50dB gain with +10dBu output
- Instrument Input:
- Omniport input Impedance: 150kΩ, unbalanced
- Instrument preamp gain: +55dB, unbalanced
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN): -95dBu, unbalanced
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD+N): 0.05% @ mid gain with +10dB output
- Control Panel:
- Meter: 10 segment peak indicator with hold
- Pad: -15dB
- Polarity: Inverts pins 2 and 3 at XLR input
- High-pass filter: 150Hz cut off, -3dB @ 100Hz
- Vox Control: 3 position preset EQ
- Phantom power: 48VDC - 10mA (as supplied by 500 frame)
- XLR configuration: AES spec: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- Ground lift (rear panel): Lifts ground on front panel XLR input only
- Weight: 1.5lb. (0.7Kg)
- Shipping size: 9 x 6.5 x 2 (inches)
- Compliance (API): Yes
- Compliance (WHOS-Doc): Yes
- Warranty: 3 years, transferables