QSC PLX2502 Professional Power AmplifierSku #481543000000000 QSC 481543 YAB Live Power Amplifiers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Clean QSC power and the reliability working musicians need.
The PLX2502 power amplifier is an excellent choice for users who need to drive up to four loudspeakers from each amplifier channel (2-ohm loading), or when extremely high power bridged mono operation is required. Features built-in subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of bridged mono status.
The PLX2502 power amp has a solid, cast-aluminum front panel that adds professional style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without scraping your fingers on the rack sides.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs.) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100 or 120 energy pulses per second; the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't sag so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven.
Stereo: 1250W/ch @ 2 ohms, 750W/ch @ 4 ohms, 450W/ch @ 8 ohms
Bridged mono mode: 2500W @ 4 ohms, 1500W @ 8 ohms
- Stereo: 1250W/ch @ 2 ohms, 750W/ch @ 4 ohms, 450W/ch @ 8 ohms
- Bridged mono mode: 2500W @ 4 ohms, 1500W @ 8 ohms
- Very lightweight (21 lbs.)
- Advanced cooling design with front exhaust
- Power, clip, -10dB, and signal present LEDs
- Front-panel gain controls
- Balanced XLR inputs with TRS connectors
- PowerLight power supply
- Clip limiting
- Thermal limiting
- Speakon NL4 and binding post outputs
- 100Hz high-pass and low-pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover
- Switchable/defeatable 33Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from over-excursion damage
Order today and own a cool-running powerhouse you'll never have to replace.
PLX2502 Professional Power Amplifier Specifications:
- 2 ohms (STEREO MODE, both channels driven): EIA 1 kHz 1% THD: 1250 W
- 4 ohms (STEREO MODE, both channels driven): FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD: 675 W, EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 750 W
- 4-ohm (BRIDGE MONO MODE): 2500 W
- 8 ohms (BRIDGE MONO MODE): 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.1% THD: 1400 W, EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 1500 W
- 8 ohms (STEREO MODE, both channels driven): FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD: 425 W, EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 450 W
- Amplifier Protection : Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection, Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Cooling: 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced
- Damping Factor: 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- DC fault : Power supply shutdown
- Depth, Rack mounting surface to rear panel : 12.8" (32.6 cm)
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): Less than 0.02%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz, -0.5 dB
- Front Panel Controls: Detented Input Attenuator: 0 to 8 dB, Power On/Off
- Gain @ 8 ohms: 34 dB
- Height: 3.5" (8.9 cm) 2 rack spaces
- High Line : Standard +15%, survive +25%
- Infrasonic: -3 dB, 5 Hz
- Input Clipping: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Input Connectors, each channel: Neutrik NL4 Speakon and Touch-proof binding posts (Both channels available on Ch 1 NL4 connector)
- Input Impedance: 11 Vrms (+21 dBu)
- Input Sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.15 Vrms
- Load Protection : On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
- Low Line : -33%
- Output Circuitry: 2-Step Class H
- Output Connectors, each channel : Input Configuration: Bridge/Stereo/Parallel, Clip Limiters each channel, Filters (per channel): Top 100 Hz HPF/Full/Sub 100 Hz LPF & 33 Hz HPF/Full (infrasonic)
- Over Current : Active clip limiting, Power spply cutback
- Overall Depth : 14.875" (37.9 cm)
- Short Circuit : Cutback
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz): -106 dB
- Thermal: Muting at 90° C
- Typical Distortion : 1/8 rated power, 20 Hz-20 kHz: Less than 0.02%, Full rated power, 20 Hz-20 kHz: Less than 0.02%
- Ultrasonic: -3 dB, 85 kHz
- Weight: 21 lbs. (9.5 kg) net
- Width: 19" (48.3 cm)