QSC PLX1104 Professional Power Amplifier
Live Power Amplifiers
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A high-power, super-light amplifier designed for the most demanding live performance uses.
The compact PLX1104 power amplifier brings the same performance and technology as the rest of QSC's PLX2 Series to applications that don't require bridged or two-ohm operation. Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4-ohm minimum loading), the PLX1104 offers a simplified feature set while retaining genuine, uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds, the plug-and-play PLX1104 is perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
The PLX1104 power amp has a solid, cast-aluminum front panel that adds professional style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without scraping your fingers on the rack sides.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs.) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100 or 120 energy pulses per second; the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't sag so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven.
550W/ch @ 4 ohms, 325W/ch @ 8 ohms.
- 550W/ch @ 4 ohms, 325W/ch @ 8 ohms
- Very lightweight (13 lbs.)
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool
- Flow-through heatsinks require no filters that could become clogged
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system
- monitoring and troubleshooting
- Speakon NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection
- Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common
- input connectors and support loop-through operation
- Clip limiting protects speakers; thermal limiting maintains operation even during
- abnormal overloads
PLX1104 Professional Power Amplifier Specifications:
- 4 ohms (STEREO MODE, both channels driven): FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD: 500 W; EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 550 W
- 8 ohms (STEREO MODE, both channels driven): FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD: 310 W; EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 325 W
- Amplifier Protection : Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection
- Cooling: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Damping Factor: Greater than 200
- DC fault : Power supply shutdown
- Depth, Rack mounting surface to rear panel : 8.95" (22.7 cm)
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): Less than 0.02%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz, -0.5 dB
- Front Panel Controls: Detented Input Attenuator: 0 to 8 dB, Power On/Off
- Gain @ 8 ohms: 32.5 dB
- Height: 3.5" (8.9 cm) 2 rack spaces
- High Line : Standard +15%, survive +25%
- Infrasonic: -3 dB, 8 Hz
- Input Clipping: 5.5 Vrms (+15 dBu)
- Input Connectors, each channel: 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms balanced; 10k ohms unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.18 Vrms
- Load Protection : On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
- Low Line : -40%
- Output Circuitry: AB
- Output Connectors, each channel : Neutrik NL4 Speakon (Both channels available on Ch 1 output)
- Over Current : Active clip limiting; AC circuit breaker
- Overall Depth : 11" (27.9 cm)
- Rear Panel Switches : Circuit Breaker
- Short Circuit : Muting
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz): -106 dB
- Thermal: Limiting at 85° C, Muting at 90° C
- Ultrasonic: -3 dB, 120 kHz
- Width: 19" (48.3 cm)