QSC KW181 Powered Sub Woofer 18" 1000W
Powered Stage Subwoofers
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An 18" sub with 1000 Class D continuous output, and extended bass in a lighter birch enclosure.
Building on the success of QSC's K Series, the KW181 subwoofer, like the rest of QSC's KW active loudspeakers, represents QSC's next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. The system engineers created the KW series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of the popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like it K series predecessors, the QSC KW181 speaker features a QSC designed, 1000W (2 x 500) Class D power module. The loudspeaker is also fitted with an 18" cone transducer of the same high-quality design.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout the QSC loudspeaker, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a speaker in this category:
•Intrinsic Correction: first featured in QSC's high-end line array products, it maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency, and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is an active speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field
•DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies
•GuardRail protection, first introduced on QSC's GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping
The QSC KW181 subwoofer speaker features dual balanced female XLR / 1/4" line level input, dual balanced male XLR full-range line leave out, remote gain control via a potentiometer (sold separately), and a locking IEC power connector.
The QSC KW181 speaker has an LF switch which can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the QSC speaker is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The QSC KW181 subwoofer, like all its KW Series brethren, is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters, and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long-term durability. The QSC loudspeaker's integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications and a threaded pole receptacle provides for a positive, wobble-free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
- K Series performance in a more lightweight design
- 1000-Watt Class D power module (2 x 500W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- Rugged, texture-painted birch speaker enclosure
- 4-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade, 16-gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct
Boost the muscle of your low end without killing your legs and arms like traditional subs. Order the QSC KW181 today!
KW181 Powered Sub Woofer 18" 1000W Specifications:
- Configuration: 18" subwoofer
- Transducer: 18" cone transducer
- Frequency response: (-6dB) 43Hz - 97kHz
- Frequency range: (-10dB) 39Hz - 145Hz
- Maximum SPL: (1 meter) 132dB peak
- Power output: 1000W Class D continuous
- Input impedance (ohms):XLR/1/4": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced
- Controls: Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Dual balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC power input:Universal power supply 100 - 240VAC, 50 - 60Hz
- AC power consumption (1/8 Power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A, 120 VAC, 2.01 A, 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Speaker Enclosure:
- Material: 15mm painted birch plywood
- Finish:Black textured paint
- Grille:Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20.1" x 23.4" x 29.9" with casters, 510mm x 595mm x 761mm with casters
- Weight (Net): 88lb. (40kg)