QSC KW153 Powered Speaker 15" 3-way 1000w Regular 886830352584Product #485944 QSC 485944 YAAB Powered PA Speakers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A 15" 3-way active loudspeaker with a 1000W Class D power module, DSP, and much more.
Building on the success of QSC's K Series, the 3-way KW153 active speaker, like the rest of the KW Series, represents QSC's next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. The system engineers created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of the popular K Series loudspeakers while at the same time designing a speaker that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like it's K Series predecessors, the QSC KW153 features a QSC designed, 1000W (2 x 500) Class D power module. The powered speaker is also fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device and 15" LF cone transducer of the same high-quality design, with the addition of a 6.5" cone transducer for the mid-frequency.
Defined Coverage Area
The QSC KW153 active speaker also comes with Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) technology which provides matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout the QSC speaker, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a speaker in this category:
•Intrinsic Correction: first featured in QSC's high-end line array products, it maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency, and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field
•DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies
•GuardRail protection, first introduced on QSC's GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping
The QSC KW153, like all the KW Series speakers, features a four-position mic / line gain switch that lets you connect to a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for daisy-chaining of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Onboard switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB for use with an external subwoofer. The loudspeaker's rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the speaker is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the onboard Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple QSC KW Series speakers can be daisy-chained for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The QSC KW153 active speaker, like all its KW Series brethren, is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long-term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications.
- K Series performance in a more lightweight, trapeziodal design
- 15" 3-way speaker with a 6.5" cone transducer and a 1.75" diaphragm
- 1000-Watt Class D power module (2 x 500W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch speaker enclosure
- 4-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade, 16-gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct
Order the QSC KW153 today. Built to withstand the rigors of the road, it's a sound investment.
KW153 Powered Speaker 15" 3-way 1000w Specifications:
- Configuration: 15" 3-way trapezoidal
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- Mid-frequency: 6.5" mid range cone transducer
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 35Hz-18kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 33Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6dB): 75° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 134dB peak
- Power output: 1000 W Class D (500W LF, 500W MF/HF) continuous
- Input impedance (ohms): Channel A XLR / 1/4":
- Mic gain setting: 0dB (Balanced: 38k, Unbalanced: 19k), +12db (Balanced: 10k, Unbalanced: 5k), +24dB (Balanced: 2.66k, Unbalanced: 1.33k), +36dB (Balanced: 660 ohms, Unbalanced: 330 ohms)
- Channel B XLR/1/4": 38k balanced/19k unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10k
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0dB / 12dB / 24dB / 36dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24dB and 36dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/1/4" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- AC Power: Consumption (1/8 power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A, 120 VAC, 2.01 A, 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: 15mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16-gauge steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8", 1094mm x 470mm x 427mm
- Weight (Net): 87lb. (39.5kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
Comments about QSC KW153 Powered Speaker 15" 3-way 1000w:
Big and Loud the speakers just pump out the volume all night. Being a 3-way design, the vocals sit mostly on the mid-range speaker, which make for clearly heard lyrics. Keyboards sound great through this PA. They are big and heavy. Recommended for permanent or semi installed venues.