Redefines the line array product category.
The KLA Series brings the power and sophistication of a line array system into an easy-to-use product significantly redefining the line array product category. With its simple Lift, Click and Play approach, KLA can be deployed in a fraction of the time required by comparable line array products. This fixed arcuate, active line array system is ideal for a wide range of portable and permanently installed applications ranging from live entertainment to houses of worship or other venues where a line array system is desired.
KLA Power Module
The KLA Series is comprised of two models, the KLA12 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker and the KLA181 18-inch subwoofer. The KLA12 features a highly efficient 500-watt by 500-watt power amp KLA12 Power Module module and the KLA181 offers the same highly efficient power amp module in a 1,000-watt configuration. This efficient design enables up to five KLA models (any combination of KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120-volt electrical circuit.
KLA loudspeakers incorporate QSC's DEEP DSP algorithm – providing extended bass response by actively managing potentially damaging low-frequency transients – and GuardRail circuitry protection, which prevents the amplifier module from unnatural and destructive clipping.
As an energy saving feature, the Auto Standby mode automatically engages after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly for immediate output.
In an installed application, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, PowerCon In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status.
In addition to DEEP DSP algorithm, GuardRail, Auto Standby, balanced line-level XLR input with an XLR "Thru" connector, Attenuation Control and LED indicators, the KLA181 subwoofer also includes a polarity switch for low frequency directivity control.
Rigging & Deployment
For maximum deployment flexibility, KLA loudspeakers can be either ground deployed or flown. As a ground stack, up to two KLA12 enclosures can be mounted over the KLA181 or the KW181 subwoofer via a threaded pole socket, or without a sub using an appropriately rated loudspeaker stand.
KLA12 enclosures also feature the Tilt-Direct 35mm pole socket allowing the loudspeaker to be aimed downward 9° for the best audience coverage.
Arrays of up to 480 lbs (218 kg) (with a maximum five KLA12 and two KLA181 enclosures) can be flown via the included M10 fittings or the optional KLA AF12 array frame.
- 1,000-watt power module
- 18" vented subwoofer
- High acoustic output (135 dB SPL peak)
- Frequency range down to 33 Hz (-10 dB)
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- powerCON Input and Thru connections
- Threaded pole-cup receptacle for free-standing applications
- Suspension made possible via M10 fittings or KLA12AF Array Frame
- Integrated threaded pole mount supports up to two KLA12 enclosures
Ideal for a wide range of portable and permanently installed applications.
KLA181 Active Line Array Subwoofer Specifications:
- Configuration: 18" subwoofer
- Transducers: 18" cone transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 38 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 33 Hz
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 135 dB peak
- Power Output: 1000 W Class D continuous
- Input Impedance (ohms): XLR: 40k balanced / 20k unbalanced
- Controls: Power, Attenuation, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (Pwr/Limit/Off)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR line level input, Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote attenuation control, Locking powerCON power connector AC In, Locking powerCON power connector AC Out
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption: (1/8 Power) 100 VAC, 2.3 A; 120 VAC, 2.01; A230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: Painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black or White textured paint
- Grille: Black or White powder coated 16-gauge steel
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 21.6" x 23.1" x 25.7" (547mm x 586mm x 633mm)
- Weight (Net): 100 lb. (45.3 kg)
- Available Accessories: KW181 POLE