Maximum performance and portability with very flexible I/O.
The QSC GX5 Stereo Power Amplifier is ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimized output and appearance of the rackmountable GX5 while reducing raw material cost and weight. The GX5 power amplifier provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers and supplies maximum possible power to 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (dual-woofer, two-way models and many subwoofers) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match.
The GX5 power amp uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PLX Series, almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4Ω and 8Ω speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1"/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight — less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
Order today and enjoy legendary QSC quality and reliability.
GX5 Stereo Power Amplifier Specifications:
- Power rating:
- 8Ω / both channels driven / 1 kHz: 500 W
- 8Ω / single channel driven / 1 kHz; 600 W
- 4Ω / both channels driven / 1 kHz; 700 W
- 4Ω / single channel driven / 1 kHz; 850 W
- 2Ω / both channels driven / 1 kHz: 350 W
- Distortion (typical): 20 Hz - 20 kHz: 1 dB below rated power 8Ω: less than 0.05% / 4Ω: less than 0.1%
- Signal to Noise: (20 Hz - 20 kHz) 100 dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 Vrms
- Voltage Gain (8Ω): 34.4 dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-tier Class H
- Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4Ω, 120 V):6A
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, 1 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4Ω): 2 dB
- Damping Factor: 100
- Input Impedance (Ω): Greater than 20k (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel Phono, unbalanced
- Output Connectors (each channel) Speakon®, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection
- Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents
- Red Clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold
- Green Signal LEDs, threshold -35 dB
- Blue Power LED, AC on
- Rear Panel Controls: Full Range / Crossover switch
- 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions (HWD): 3.5" (2RU) x 19" x 10.1" (89 mm x 483 mm x 257 mm)
- Weight Shipping / Net: 31 (14 kg) / 26 lbs (12 kg)
- Agency Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE compliant
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about QSC GX5 Stereo Power Amplifier:
Love it, Love it, Love it...This amp is sick! I tested this amp with (2) B-52 18" MX-18's subs and I felt and heard clear, deep, rich, supple, bass (zero clipping even at level 9 on both channels). This amp is well worth the money, if you pair it up with the right speakers this amp will definitely give you the low end bass that all mobile DJ's search for. I can't say enough good things about this amp,it's tough, it's light (weighs aprox 12lbs) and it's worth every penny. I've been DJing for 15 years and I haven't seen anything this close compared to what you pay for, GET IT!
Comments about QSC GX5 Stereo Power Amplifier:
You typically buy a power amplifier because you need good clean sound reproduction and more power to enable you to play at much larger venues. In my case, I needed a sound system that would adequately support my guitar, my bass, my keyboard systhesizer and could also handle vocals and double as studio monitor for my home recording studio. In essence, I was looking for a powerful pristine sound reproduction system. I started out by selecting twin JBL JRX115 speaker cabinets and after reading over the amplifier requirements to drive those speakers, and researching the specifications of several power amplifiers and selected the QSC GX5 as the perfect match up for those speakers. I could not be happier with the clean, quiet, high quality sound reproduction I am receiving from this system and I now have adequate power to play almost anywhere I choose. The amazing thing for me was that I fully expected to pay a whole lot more for a system that would adequately support all those instruments and microphones and also sounds as good as this system does. There was enough money left over in my budget that I was also able to add a 16-channel mixer on the front end and now I can plug the entire band into this sound system and balance the sound perfectly and even record live off the mixer as we play. In the final analysis, the QSC GX5 is workhorse that gives my band and my home recording studio the powerful, clean, quiet, quality of sound reproduction I was looking for. I couldn't be happier with this amp.