PreSonus TubePre V2 Single-Channel Tube Preamplifier/DI Box
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Improved quality in sound and design in the PreSonus TubePre preamp/DI box.
The masters at PreSonus have been designing preamps for a long time, and they always focus on audio quality first and foremost. Now they've upgraded on their most popular single-channel preamp, the TubePre v2 is focused on improving an already high-quality sound. Like the original TubePre, the new version is a fully professional tube preamp, with a dual-servo (no capacitors) gain stage that lets you boost the program signal to smoking hot levels without significantly increasing the background noise. Discrete components and high-voltage operation offer dynamic range and detail not found in other single-channel tube preamps in its class.
The TubePre v2 provides an even wider palette of sound options, and a much more focused tube saturation than the original TubePre. It has been upgraded to employ PreSonus' popular XMAX Class A solid-state preamp, which is followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage. Twist the TubePre v2 Drive saturation control to add the "color" that only a hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube can deliver - from gentle warmth to total fuzz.
Housed in a rugged case, the TubePre v2 rear panel sports separate unbalanced 1/4" instrument and balanced XLR mic inputs and unbalanced 1/4" and balanced XLR line outputs. Plenty of professional extras including a high-pass filter, phantom power for condenser mics, polarity reverse switch and a backlit VU meter.
The TubePre v2 is more than a mic preamp, though. Thanks to its separate instrument and mic inputs, it also serves as a dynamite direct box (DI) for guitars and basses. And it's small enough to carry almost anywhere, although you also can screw-mount it to a standard rack tray.
- XMAX Class A preamp input stage
- 12AX7 Dual-servo vacuum tube output stage
- Input Gain control
- 48V Phantom power
- 80 Hz High-pass filter
- -20 dB Pad
- Instrument input select
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Backlit VU meter
- Clip LED
- 1 Unbalanced Â¼" instrument input
- 1 Balanced XLR mic input
- 1 Unbalanced Â¼" line output
- 1 Balanced XLR line output
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
Just when you think it canât get any better, it does. Order the improved TubePre v2 today.
TubePre V2 Single-Channel Tube Preamplifier/DI Box Specifications:
- Mic Input:
- Connector Type: XLR, female, balanced
- EIN: -131 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Î©, A-wtd -128 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Î©, unwtd
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5Hz - 120kHz, -3dB, +4dBu, unity gain
- THD+N: 0.01%, -10dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range: 115dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance: 1.3 kÎ©
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, 10 mA
- Instrument Input:
- Connector Type: 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MÎ©
- Analog Output:
- Connector Types: XLR, male, balanced 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output: +20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 51Î©
- Tube Stage:
- Type: 12AX7
- Type: +12 VDC, 1A, center pin positive
- PSU Barrel Dimensions: .5 mm O.D., 2.1 mm I.D., 9.5 mm length