A powerful recording channel strip in a 1 rackspace unit!
The PreSonus Studio Channel is a professional channel strip combining a Class A tube preamplifier, a VCA-based compressor, and a 3-band parametric equalizer. The Studio Channel is perfect for all levels of studios. Ideal for all types of microphones, instruments, keyboards, and synths, the PreSonus Studio Channel has the sonic power and flexibility to achieve any tone you can dream of, including luscious in-your-face vocals, crystal-clear acoustic guitars, fat, solid bass guitar, dynamic acoustic piano, cracking snare, punchy bass, huge MPC tracks, and more.
Enhance your signal path
The Presonus Studio Channel was designed to outperform preamplifiers that are built-in to most recording interfaces and affordable mixers. Add a VCA-based compressor and studio-grade equalizer to the class A tube preamp and you get not only big, fat, tube tonality but also complete control of your tone and sounds. Since much of the recording process is accomplished one track at a time, you need a signal path that can deliver a variety of high quality tones and sounds, which is why the Studio Channel is a prime tool for any studio.
Class A Tube Preamplifier
The Studio Channel has everything needed to deliver big tone. The preamplifier stage of the Studio Channel is based on the award-winning BlueTube preamplifier with a high-output 12AX7 vacuum tube operating on voltages higher than other preamplifiers in its class. It delivers high headroom and big tone. Dual control Gain and Tube Drive enables a wide range of sounds from transparent and clear to edgy and overdriven.
Full-Featured VCA Compressor
The compressor in the channel strip is a fully variable ultra-fast and smooth VCA-based circuit with all of the controls needed for a wide-range of compression settings: ratio, threshold, attack, release, and gain make up. The VCA-based compressor is known for musicality as well as ultra fast attack with the ability to tame the fastest transients. From slap bass, to snare drum, to vocals, the Studio Channel's compressor stage allows you to record as hot as needed without clipping giving you total dynamic control.
Three-Band Parametric EQ
The equalizer in the PreSonus Studio Channel is like a Swiss Army pocket knife, with the ability to carve out unwanted frequencies as well as tailor your tone to enhance your sound. The custom-designed amplifiers in the EQ deliver sweet-sounding gain/cut for ultra smooth highs, deep, solid lows, and clear midrange. The mid-band of the EQ section has variable Q for controlling the width around the center point of the selected frequency. High and low frequency bands give you the option for selecting peak/dip or shelving frequencies.
- Class A vacuum tube microphone/instrument preamplifier
- Tube gain and tube drive
- Variable VCA compressor (threshold, ratio, attack, release, make up
- gain, auto, soft)
- 3-band parametric EQ
- Precision analog VU meter for gain reduction and output
- EQ Pre/Post compressor switch
- 80Hz high pass filter
- 20dB pad
- Phase invert
- Rugged metal chassis
- High headroom
Give your studio a top-notch channel strip by ordering the Studio Channel today!
Studio Channel Tube Channel Strip Specifications:
- Channels: One
- Dynamic Range: >115dB
- Headroom: +22dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Internal Operating Level: 0dBu = 0B
- Microphone Preamp:
- Gain: -6dB to +66dB (+/-10dB Trim on line input)
- Noise Floor: -96dBu
- EIN: -126dB
- THD + Noise (0% Tube Drive): <0.050%
- THD + Noise (100% Tube Drive): <0.10%
- Microphone Input Connector: XLR
- Microphone Input Impedance: 1.3KOhm
- Instrument Input Connector: 1/4" TS
- Instrument Input Impedance: 1 Meg Ohm
- Line Input Connector: 1/4" TRS
- Line Input Impedance: 10 kOhm
- Phantom Power (switchable): +48V
- Pad (switchable): 0dB/-20dB
- Phase (switchable): 0, 180 degrees
- Hi-pass filter (switchable): -3dB at 80Hz
- Threshold (variable): -40dBu to +20dBu
- Ratio (variable): 1-10 (1:1 to 2:1)
- Attack (variable): 0.1 to 200 ms
- Release (variable): 0.05 ms to 3 S
- Gain Make-up: -10dB to +10 dB
- Metering: Analog VU (gain reduction / Output)
- Low Band (+/-13dB): 40Hz to 500Hz
- Mid Band (+/-13dB): 200Hz to 3kHz
- High Band (+/-13dB): 2kHz to 20kHz
- Q (variable all bands): Q=0.7 to 2.5
- Output Fader: -70dB to +10dB
- Output Connectors: XLR balanced and 1/4" TRS
- Output Impedance: 51 ohms
- Metering (output level): Analog VU (-20dBu to
- Meter (gain reduction): Analog VU (-20dB to 0dB)
- Output headroom: +22dBu
- Power Supply:
- Type: Linear
- Input: 16VAC / 1000mA
- Power: 16 Watts
- Transformer: External (country specific)
- Size: 1U Rack
- Dimensions: 19W" x 1.75"H x 5.5D"
- Weight: 5lb.