Wide soundstage with exceptional transient response.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the custom-designed AMT tweeter in the R65 uses an incredibly thin, folded Kapton membrane (< 0.01mm) with an inlayed aluminum circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and superior transient reproduction.
Wide, consistent stereo image
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1" dome tweeter, enabling R65 monitors to provide a much wider stereo soundstage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R65 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it’s less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
The R65 utilizes a 6.5" , custom-coated, woven Kevlar® low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency rtesponse range. Biamped and driven by a 150 W Class D amplifier—making the R Series some of the most powerful monitors in their category—these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
Have it your way
You can customize the R65 in several ways. It’s available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio décor. With balanced XLR, balanced 1/4” TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your R65 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R Series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8", AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 6.5 Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- User controls
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB) compensate for room placement
- Power and safety
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
Add to your studio setup today!
R65 Active AMT Studio Monitor Specifications:
- 1- Balanced XLR
1- Balanced 1/4” TRS
1- Unbalanced RCA
Frequency Response: 45Hz – 22kHz
Crossover Frequency: 2.7kHz
LF Amplifier Power: 100 W Class D
HF Amplifier Power: 50 W Class D
Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 104dB
LF Driver: 6.5” Kevlar
HF Driver Type: AMT
Diaphragm: 6.8" 2 (4,400mm2)
Equiv. Diaphragm ø: 3” (75mm)
Input Impedance: 20kOhm balanced, 10kOhm unbalanced
SNR (typical, A-weighted): >100dB
Factory preprogrammed 100-120V ～50/60Hz or 220-240V ～50/60Hz
Standby Power: < 0.5W
External mains fuse
Volume Range: A-type taper
HF Driver: Linear, +1dB, -3dB, -6dB
Highpass filter: Linear, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz
Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB
Energy Conservation Mode: On/Off/Query
Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
Width: 8” (203mm)
Depth: 10.3” (261mm)
Height 13” (328 mm)
Weight 14.7 lbs (6.65 kg)