Professional recording quality, desktop size.
The PreSonus HP4 Discrete 4-Channel Headphone Amp features 4 headphone outputs on the front panel, each with its own volume, and 150mW of amplification per channel—extremely loud output with a low -98dB noise floor. It also allows control over control room monitors with a separate volume knob that can be muted using the Monitor Mute button. 1/3 rackspace. Accepts balanced/unbalanced inputs and outputs (1/4" TRS). Input can either be set to stereo or mono (the mono selector button on the front channel simply copies both inputs to both sides). Powered by an external wall-mounted supply.
The HP4 represents a tremendous value as echoed by this email received by PreSonus:
"To my amazement, your HP4 sounded as good as both of my hi-fi stereo heaphone amps. Very very clean and loud. I can't believe you put 150 mw per channel, @52 ohms, to four headphone outputs and offer such a quality unit for very little over $100." (M. Burke via email)
- 4 discrete headphone outputs
- Each with its own volume and 150mW of power
- Extremely loud output with low noise (-98dB noise floor)
- Allows control over control room monitors with a separate volume knob
- Control room volume can be muted using the Monitor Mute button
- 1/3 rackspace
- Balanced/unbalanced TRS I/O
Think small and get big-time headphone control.
HP4 Discrete 4-Channel Headphone Amp Specifications:
- Input: TRS Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Output: TRS Balanced: 51 Ohms Impedance
- THD+Noise (Unweighted): 0.002%
- Noise Floor: -98dB
- Signal To Noise: >95dB
- Power Supply Rejection: >98dB
- Power: 16 Watts
- Panel Controls:
- Headphone Level: 1 to 12
- Monitor / Feed Output: -80dB to +10dB
- Mono Switch: Monitor / Feed Mute
- Power Supply:
- Type: Linear
- Input: 16 VAC/1000 mA (factory configured)
- Weight: 5 lb.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.5" x 5.5" x 1.75"
- Mounting: Max Rack and Universal Rack Tray
- Chassis: Steel
- Panel: Brushed Aluminum
- Sides: Cast Aluminum
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about PreSonus HP4 Discrete 4-Channel Headphone Amp:
When people type reviews online they mostly type what they like about the product which isn't much info for other people, but I'm going to give you guys a great description.I've had this product for 2 1/2 years and have not had any problems with it, therefore quality is a 5 star. I tested this product with an ultra sensitive line noise tester and it came out that only 0.002 DB of line noise comes out of this box.You can connect anything to these connections as long as they are being connect with a 1/4 inch adapter.Another Words Great product