PreSonus Eris E8 High-Definition 2-way 8" Nearfield Studio Monitor
Powered Studio Monitors
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
8" High-definition active studio monitor.
When mixing music you want a pair of studio monitors that will accurately reveal the truth about what you're listening to, and the Eris series from PreSonus are designed to do just that. With its 8" Kevlar low-frequency transducer, the Eris E8 provides an extended low-end all the way down to 35Hz, and performs with a bit more muscle than the smaller E5. Eris speakers are real studio monitors, delivering a very accurate response with a tight bass and very clear upper end. That's what you need in a home studio. Thanks to well-designed Kevlar low frequency transducers, low-mass silk-dome tweeters, responsive Class AB amplification, and professional acoustic-adjustment controls, Eris delivers the goods.
Both Eris models provide balanced XLR, balanced Â¼" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. When both balanced connections are in use, the TRS input will supersede the XLR input. The RCA input is summed into the signal path. With this selection, you'll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up with virtually any line-level source. (If your signal source has unbalanced, Â¼" TS outputs, simply use a Â¼"-to-RCA adapter or adapter cable.)
You're in control!
Today's music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. It's easy to take your Eris speakers with you when you want to work in a different space. It's almost as easy to customize their sound for your room and type of music.
The most basic control is the Input Gain, which determines the signal level before it reaches the power amp. This is part of gain-staging your overall system-that is, setting the levels for every part of the recording chain in order to get the optimal level of clean audio all the way through. Once you've gain-staged your system, you can leave this control alone.
The Eris E5/E8 provides three EQ controls in its Acoustic Tuning section: High, Mid, and Low Cutoff. These controls enable you to fine-tune the monitors and even to broadly approximate the sounds of different types of speakers so you can hear what your mix might sound like, for instance, on a car stereo or portable radio. The Low control also is useful when using the E5 or E8 with a subwoofer.
Any loudspeaker is subject to an assortment of environmental and performance problems, and Eris monitors offer protection from most common of these. RF shielding protects against radio frequencies that could be induced into the signal and become audible. (If you've ever heard a radio broadcast unexpectedly coming out of a guitar amp, that's the result of RF interference.)
Eris monitors also provide over-temperature protection to avoid heat-related issues, current-output limiting (to prevent damage should there be a short circuit on the speaker terminals), and subsonic protection to filter out extremely low-frequency vibrations that could interfere with the woofer's performance.
Finally, Eris' power amplifiers have a "soft startup" so that you don't get damaging pops in the speakers when you power them up.
- 8-inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 130 watt Class AB biamplification
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Midrange (Â±6 dB, continuously variable), HF (Â±6 dB, continuously variable), High-Pass (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz) and Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- Balanced XLR/Â¼-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs
Accurately monitor your mix with Eris studio monitors.
Eris E8 High-Definition 2-way 8" Nearfield Studio Monitor Specifications:
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced Â¼" TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response 35 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency 2.2 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power 75W
- HF Amplifier Power 65W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter) 105 dB
- LF Driver 8" Kevlar
- HF Driver 1.25" silk dome
- Input Impedance 10 kÎ©
- User Controls
- Volume Range A-type taper
- MF Control -6, 0, +6 dB
- HF Control -6, 0, +6 dB
- Low Cut Flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width 9.84" (250 mm)
- Depth 11.77" (299 mm)
- Height 15.12" (384 mm)
- Weight 22.2 lbs (10.07 kg)