Tube or solid state? It's got both!
The PreSonus BlueTube DP Stereo Preamp is among the most versatile two-channel mic and instrument preamps in its class. Its Dual Path technology lets you choose between two preamp stages: a transparent solid-state or warm tube preamp. Each gain stage of the BlueTube DP is pure Class A with high headroom.
Each channel of the BlueTube DP includes a -20dB pad, polarity reverse, 80Hz filter, and +48v phantom power. On the front panel you'll find controls for solid state gain and switchable on/off tube drive. When the tube drive is off, the tube preamplifier stage is bypassed delivering ultra-quiet and transparent solid state preamplification.
Large analog VU meters provide precise visual monitoring. Dual Neutrik combo jacks for microphones or instruments provides quality I/O and make the BlueTube DP great as a DI for electric bass and guitar.
- Stereo microphone/instrument preamp
- Dual Class A gain stages
- Tube drive from 12AX7 tube
- Neutrik XLR and 1/4" High-Z combo input connectors
- Neutrik balanced XLR/TS 1/4" outputs
- 20dB pad, polarity reversal, and 80Hz filter on each channel
BLUETUBE DP Stereo Dual Path Microphone/Instrument Preamp with 12AX7 Tube Specifications:
- Connector Type: Neutrik combo
- XLR Impedance: 1.3K Ohms
- Hi-Z, 1/4": 1 Meg Ohms
- Connector Type: XLR and 1/4" TS
- Impedance: 51 Ohms
- Panel Controls
- Gain: 0dB to +54dB
- Tube Drive: 0% to 100%
- Phase Reversal
- -20dB Pad
- Phantom Power
- Analog VU: -2odBu to +6dBu
- Clip Indicator: +22dBu
- THD Noise (unweighted) solid state: < 0.005%
- THD Noise (unweighted) tube stage: 0.01% to 30%
- Signal To Noise: >95dB
- Power Supply Rejection: >98dB
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Dimensions: 8"W x 1.75"H x 5"D
- Mounting: Universal rack tray insert
- Power Supply
- Type: Linear
- Input: 16VAC / 1000mA
- Power: 16 Watts
- Transformer: External
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about PreSonus BLUETUBE DP Stereo Dual Path Microphone/Instrument Preamp with 12AX7 Tube:
I bought this unit to warm up vocal tracks. And it has done a superb job. But, I was equally amazed at how much better it made my guitar tones on my latest recording. This unit is well worth it's weight in gold. I also used it on the kick and snare drums. Same results, Warm,Vibrant,and Lively tones. No false tone coloring,as with some cheaper units. I feel that this unit will improve any signal that is ran through it. I will be buying two more of these units, to be used on the entire drum kit.