Reasonably priced, high power handling subwoofer enclosure.
The Peavey SP 218BX Dual 18" Passive Subwoofer loudspeaker system delivers high output, low distortion bass from two 18" Pro Rider woofers mounted in a vented enclosure. Designed for portability, durability and great sound, it is constructed of a hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHead UV stabilized polyurea finish. A full-length, wrap-around perforated steel grille protects the front of the enclosure, and casters are mounted to assist in portability. A pole mount is also included for support of a high-pass enclosure.
For more than three decades, the renowned Peavey SP Series has been the mainstay of bands of every type and installation enclosures for every imaginable venue. SP Series enclosures are builtin the U.S.A. and made to last with patented and exclusive technologies that make your sound clear and true, and efficient and strong.
Every enclosure in the SP Series features Peavey's field-replaceable speaker basket design, an exclusive feature that allows you to replace blown cones on the gig with ease. Speaker re-coning is expensive and can take weeks, but with Peavey speakers you can replace the entire cone just by removing three screws.
- Two 18 inch Pro Rider Black Widow woofers with Kevlar carbon fiber cones
- Field-replaceable baskets
- Frequency response to 51Hz
Buy one of these enclosures and dump a mountain of power into it, and your low end will be legendary.
SP 218BX Dual 18" Passive Subwoofer Specifications:
- Frequency response: 51Hz to 300Hz (±3 dB)
- Usable low frequency limit (-10 dB point): 40Hz
- Power handling:1,200 watts continuous 2,400 watts program 4,800 watts peak
- Sound pressure level: 99.0 dB SPL (2.00 V parallel input)
- Maximum sound pressure level (1 meter): 130 dB SPL continuous 136 dB SPL peak
- Radiation angle measured at -6 dB point of polar response: Essentially omnidirectional
- Transducer complement: 2 x 18" woofer, vented Pro Rider® 1808-8 ALCP
- Box tuning frequency: 36Hz
- Minimum recommended active crossover frequency and slope for bi-amping:
- 90 Hz at 18 dB/octave High pass filter 35 to 40 Hz at 12 to 24 dB/octave is recommended
- Impedance ( Z ): Parallel input: nominal 4.0 Ω minimum: 3.3 Ω
- Dual-woofer input: nominal 2 x 8.0 Ω minimum: 2 x 6.6 Ω
- Input connections:
- One four-pin twist lock connector One four-pin Neutrik Speakon switching jack Two 1/4" jacks
- Enclosure materials & finish: Hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHeadTM finish.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): Width: 21.04" / 535 mm Depth: 30.28" / 769 mm Height: 49.31 " / 1252 mm
- Net Weight: 147 lb. (66.7 kg)